Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE

Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

It's hard to find a good painter nowadays.... I've had nothing but nightmares trying to get things painted... and they charge an arm and a leg.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

that sucks man i hate that to just make sure they fix it
Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Insurance companies do this **** all the time,Take it to there shop,cause they get cheap work done! I hope you get it back and it looks great! that's it don't put up with there ****!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I was really lucky to find a good one, a friend gave me his card,They do everything from show cars to collision work! And they are really well priced!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Smile Car is back from Body shop for a second time!!

So i took my car back to the body shop to fiz what they screwed up yesterday and it lookes alot better. Just goes to show you what a little call to the insurance company will do.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

I guess I got lucky. When I got my car back from Progressive it was perfect. They drove it the exact amount of miles it took to get it from the drop off spot to the shop and back. The shop even left me a container of chip repair paint because there is a big ding in my drivers side a pillar.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:57 AM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Midnight Express View Post
So i got my car back from the body shop and was not pleased at all, after they wet sanded, they buffed out compound, but they never polished they paint at all. It looks like ***. Inside the qtr window seal there was all this dried compound. It looked like ***. I told the manager that they were gonna fix it and he agreed with me. I called my insurance company when i got home and told them. This $hit pisses me off so bad.
I have had bad luck with body shops as well. I had a body shop put on my Cervinis kit. They screwed it up bad. By N.C. law I have to let them attempt to fix it before I can sue them. I let them fix it and it is screwed up again. First estimate was $6500.00 and second estimate was $8200.00. And this was after they had my car for 8 MONTHS. I had to get a lawyer just to get the car back. My car is going into better shop sunday.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

yeah i was very lucky... when i had to have the work done on my car after a old woman pulled out in front of me.... i took it to the ford dealership where i bought my car and their body shop did a wonderful job... they even worked with me on getting the parts i needed to do the GT500 frontend... i had to pay a little out of pocket for the extra parts i needed since they only had to replace one head light and turn signal... but i would highly recommend Town and Country Fords Body shop to anyone on here... they are located in Madison, TN.... the only issue i had was they didnt blend the hood and old fender very good but they didnt argue with me about it and it was done to my liking in no time...
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 AM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

Had a similar experience, not with the Stang tho. Was hit by someone and decided to go with Geico shop (their insurance) to make it easier. Car comes back a mess. Interior is covered with shop dust, windows are filthy, etc. Closing drivers side door caused metallic clank sound - which you had to notice. I go to the shop manager, he agrees it's unacceptable, and keeps it another day to fix it all up. Next day when I pick it up he apologizes out the whazoo and tells me that while it's no excuse, the hardest part of his job is getting people who care about the quality of their work and their jobs - most of the time he's a babysitter (been pushing my 21 year old son to learn the trade ever since).

I drive off and immediately notice the sound of air leaking at driver's side window. Never had it fixed. Lived with it for 2 years and eventually sold the car.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Compound gets everywhere, PITA.
I usually tape the car off when I buff if I'm not doing the whole thing of course.
A lot quicker and easier than going around the car with a spray bottle and clean brush to get the residue off moldings and stuff like that...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.