Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Default Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE

So i got my car back from the body shop and was not pleased at all, after they wet sanded, they buffed out compound, but they never polished they paint at all. It looks like ***. Inside the qtr window seal there was all this dried compound. It looked like ***. I told the manager that they were gonna fix it and he agreed with me. I called my insurance company when i got home and told them. This $hit pisses me off so bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

makes you wonder how those kinda places stay in business. sorry man, no excuse for crappy work
Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Good for you not accepting their laziness...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that. Did some one reccomend the body shop to you? It's hard to find a good body shop. A lot of them just take short cuts and sometimes they don't show up until years later.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Not surprised. I don’t know of any body shop that can duplicate the quality of the original factory paint.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

It was my insurance company's body shop. After i called the insurance company and raised hell they told me that i can take it back to the body shop as many times as i need to to get it right. For free. I was in no way going to settle for anything but perfect for my car. I can tell also that they drove my car, and prolly beat on it......i cant prove that but me and that car have a special bond hahaha. She tells me whats up...My wife thinks im crazy.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy7701
Good for you not accepting their laziness...
+1

....and make sure your insurance is aware of this incident and how disappointed you are with the "first" delivery attempt
Old 02-26-2009, 07:34 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man! I have seen some **** paint jobs out there,I would never take my car to somebody the insurance company want's you to take your! take it back to them and not take it back till it's done right! Its not true about factory paint about being the best! I have seen many paint jobs that look way better then factory paint! My roush stuff on my car looks way better then factory paint! Just got my side CS back from my body shop and they look incredible! If they prep everything right,use good paint(not some of cheap stuff you can buy) and the painter is really good then there is know reason for the paint to look like ****!!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Midnight Express
It was my insurance company's body shop. After i called the insurance company and raised hell they told me that i can take it back to the body shop as many times as i need to to get it right. For free. I was in no way going to settle for anything but perfect for my car. I can tell also that they drove my car, and prolly beat on it......i cant prove that but me and that car have a special bond hahaha. She tells me whats up...My wife thinks im crazy.

I'd be freaking PISSED if I knew something like that happened. If you seriously think that happened, when you take it back I'd tell the manager that you wrote down the miliage on the car when you parked it. If when you return to pick it up and its any more than 1 mile over that, you were going to be doing something about it (I have no idea what you could do, but I would have my 'story' setup before mentioning). There is NO reason they should be driving the car when it is need of 'body work'. I could at least 'understand it' if it was some sort of alignment being done, but straight up painting and body fixing? Seems hard to believe to me.

Andretti
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

They said that they had to bring it to their other shop to do some of the work. Believe me i was pissed. When i brought it in i had 10,286 miles and when i got it back i had 10,306. If it is not done the way i want it tomorrow the insurance company is going to hear about it. That would be the second time now.

Quick Reply: Got my car back from the Body shop today....UPDATE