Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling stang help!

Old 03-02-2009, 04:31 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Default Selling stang help!

I havent looked around to much yet at other prices but you guys could chime in and give me a good starting point of what to expect that would be great. I want to try and sell the car rather then trade it in when I go grab my new whip so where are the best places to post it forsale also?

It is a 07 premium GT with the following mods. I am parting out as many as the ods as I can before I sell the car also.

c&l racer
udp
delete plates
o/r x
shr louvers
pypes m-80 mufflers
slp loudmouths as tips
tint all around
roush spoiler
gts-2 hood
agent 47 mirrors
67 fender emblems
frpp 4.10
hust sts
check k-memebr with tq limiters
bmr lca
bmr relos
shelby gt-h grille
cdc agressive chin
headlight/tail covers
custom headrest

um cant think of anything else but there is more I will post if I remember, heres a few pics.
the car has i think just over 12k miles and has basically been a garage queen in a sence. Majority of the miles are from trips to miami and the cruises out to tampa lol

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 03-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Sellin' it man? I'm sorry to hear that I'll take that CHE K-Member w/ tq limiters and how much you tryin' to sell the pypes and o/r X.. pm me bro! Anyways back to your question: good places to sell it, autotrader.com, cars.com, ebay! Those are the first three that come to mind. You should get a decent amount back considering the miles! GOod luck bud!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

ebay charges a ridiculous commission. Autotrader, cars, and maybe try craigslist (it's free, so you got nothin to lose).
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the reply guys,

dont feel to sorry for me cause im buying a new zo6 lol....dont want to hear bitching either. Im a car guy in general not brand specific. I would love to keep my stang too but Im trying to do the smart thing and owning both of these cars wouldnt be smart cause I can only drive one and Im looking to buy a house soon and got med school for my g/f to help pay for. so its either one or the other and for me to make the stang as fast as the zo6 it would cost me more then I paid for the car and im not really into modding a car to the point where you spent way more money then you paid for the car so here I am now...

the m-80 are staying on the car they are welded in and the x pipe I will prob sell to somebody who is local cause its a bitch to ship that.

the k-memebr with tq is also going to a local guy, sorry bro, I posted in the central fl cruise so that my local guys would have first dibs.

My g/f bro wants to buy the car but I really dont want to be around it after I sell it , will bring back memories and if he messed it up id still get mad like I owned it im sure.lol

any price range you guys think it would go for? I am goign to price match tonigth 07 with similar miles to see, thx.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Good luck with the sell man, with these economic struggles it might be hard or you'll have to come down in price. What new whip are you getting? Sorry you posted while I was writing... atleast your gonna get a beast of a car... nicely done
Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

nice choice of new ride
Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

well the zo6 is sweet i was looking at buyin a vette before i got this car well good luck man. pm sent
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I hope you can afford that car and not just the payment! I can afford the payments on almost any car. Isn't a z06, as a daily driver, a bit much?

I'd hate to see you selling a z06 in a couple of years to buy a house.

I'd put the car back to stock and see what kinda price the chevy dealer will give you. You can get a new 08 for peanuts, so it will be hard to sell a used one.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I hope you can afford that car and not just the payment! I can afford the payments on almost any car. Isn't a z06, as a daily driver, a bit much?

I'd hate to see you selling a z06 in a couple of years to buy a house.

I'd put the car back to stock and see what kinda price the chevy dealer will give you. You can get a new 08 for peanuts, so it will be hard to sell a used one.

yeah I can afford the car I can actually pay cash for it today If I wanted to but like I stated before I got other things that I plan on doing here in the near future so Ill prob pay half of the price of the car and then have payments around 350 or 400.

I am self employed and work from home so there is no such thing as a DD for me really. I barely put on 12k in 2 yrs on my stang and that was long haul drives to miami and tampa and the east coast what mainly added up the miles. It is actually more pratical for me then the stang cause it has that extra gear wich is great for highway driving and it all came down to where I wanted to go with the end result of my car it would have cost me more money then what I paid for the car and that doesnt make much sence to me at all.

I already have the headers on the way from american racing, I get free dyno tuning from antivenom in tampa and a procharger is under 6 k for the vette. Im looking at close to 700 rwhp for about a extra 6 grand on top of the car for me to get there in my stang was alot of work then the reliability factor of it all came into play too. I have also driven a pro charged c6 vette and it was very reasonable as a DD if you did have to commute back and fourth daily.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i'm in the same boat as you are bro. i'm looking to buy a house in the very near future and things are looking pretty damn good down here as far as interest rates and money back is concerned in the next few weeks. i'm also getting tired of spending more and more cash into this car to make it as fast as i really want to go. if i had the cash or could do it all over again i would have chosen all go instead of some show. i'm sure you'll enjoy the zo6 as much as you did this car. i feel the same way as you about selling it locally. haha i'd HATE to see my car driving around town! after all the hard work and money spent hooking it up like it is. only thing stopping me from doing the same as you is i know i can't get close to what i still owe on it. or i'd be all over a zo6 or gt500!

let me know if you decide to part some more parts out. wouldn't mind having a set of the mirrors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selling stang help!