Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLT CAI and Bamachips 91 Race Tune!!! INSTALLED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 06:46 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the club. I felt the same way you did.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I will assume the whole new car feeling is more for automatics because of how much it alters the shifting feel and so many other things that manual drivers can control and auto drivers can't. I have all the 91 Tunes and I will say that the Race tune is SUPER sensitive but whats really cool is with my Wheels/Tires I think it's the perfect power I barely spin in first just a few chirps. Then when it goes into second it's at that point where the wheels could break lose.. or just barely grab 100% and usually it grabs which leads my head hitting the seat.. HARD haha which is awesome so yeah I am loving it only problem is I seem to get moving so fast now that I can't just punch it all the way down even when going around someone... too much power haha... but that is a good thing hehe
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

What RPM is it shifting at? Way back when I got mine...Bama set the shift points at 5900 rpm. That was just too low for me. I had him rewrite my torque and race tunes to shift at 6250. Believe it or not, that got me 3/10ths in the 1/4. Next time at the track...I'm going shift manually at 6400 (by the time it shifts it'll be 6500) and compare my times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I really haven't looked haha too busy keeping my eyes on whats coming at me at an exponential rate haha! Although after driving around at lunch today i must say it is a real PITA to use the race tune in Traffic.... great when its all wide open but damn.... I might have to try to TQ tune..... I want the power to be there but not when I only give it like a super small amount of gas haha.... but I am afraid if I use the TQ tune I will lose my power on the freeway which i have found very useful when merging and changing lanes. =) What are the differences exactly..... I know the TQ focuses on the 2krpms-3.5k rpms or something range and performance is above 3.5k and Race is suppose to be them put together or something....... But feeling wise...... I want the power to be their but only when I want it... haha
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
I really haven't looked haha too busy keeping my eyes on whats coming at me at an exponential rate haha! Although after driving around at lunch today i must say it is a real PITA to use the race tune in Traffic.... great when its all wide open but damn.... I might have to try to TQ tune..... I want the power to be there but not when I only give it like a super small amount of gas haha.... but I am afraid if I use the TQ tune I will lose my power on the freeway which i have found very useful when merging and changing lanes. =) What are the differences exactly..... I know the TQ focuses on the 2krpms-3.5k rpms or something range and performance is above 3.5k and Race is suppose to be them put together or something....... But feeling wise...... I want the power to be their but only when I want it... haha
B, run the 91 Performance tune. Its a nice balance between the race and TQ tunes. You will still have great throtle responce but it won't be as touchy as the race tune.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
I didn't notice any lose of hwy power going from the race to tq tune. I even had the race and tq tune dynoned back to back. Both tunes were identical through out the entire powerband. The only difference between the two tunes is throttle response. The race tune has that touchy throttle which makes it seem faster.

Last edited by gman73; 03-03-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I seriously doubt you'll feel a difference between the 2 in performance...the race tune just has the touchier pedal. They're both so much better than stock...you'll still be smiling ear to ear.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:37 PM
solaratomic
2nd Gear Member

I just put on my c&l racer and installed the 87 performance tune today(I've still got 87 in the tank) and holy crap. I don't just bark 2nd anymore, I start going sideways. I no longer have to try to bark 3rd it'll just do it. I got the whole new car feel, perhaphs because I went to the CAI and tune at the same time. Survey says the factory tune is poop. I can't wait to put some high test in there and try the race tune.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

I have njo doubt if I was on stockers they wouldn't stop spinning until I let off the gas if I just punched it haha. The ones Joe(mellowyellow) hooked me up with defintely help but I can still spin em if I want to =)
Old 03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Just installed my Steeda CAI and Brenspeed 93 tune.. Let me tell you... if anything, it feels like my car is so LIGHT now. I get thrown back into my seat so easy, even in a manual! The only thing that I had a concern with was when I would get up to 65+ in 3rd gear (over-rev test getting on highway), I could smell a little burning... Is that normal?

Quick Reply: JLT CAI and Bamachips 91 Race Tune!!! INSTALLED!