Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have to Have! - But Need Dumb Questions Answered

Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Talking Have to Have! - But Need Dumb Questions Answered

AeroForce Gauges - I gotta have them (Duals). I don't have a real good reason to support getting them, but I gotta have them!
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products.html
And it all started with this thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...vent-pods.html

Now for the questions:
Are they easy to Install?
Do they just plug into your OBDII connector?
Are they hard to program?
If you unplug them from the OBDII, (say to retune the car) do you have to reset the gauges?
Do they drain the battery when the car is turned off?
If you install in the HVAC Vent, are they hard to wire? Do you have to drill an access hole somewhere?
If you install on the Pillar, is that hard - how about wiring?

I'm thinking I'll go the vent route with the Roush Vent Gauge Pod - I'm too lazy to go the route EagleStoker went. I want these and 4.10's. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
xxdmxx
2nd Gear Member

They are easy to install just plug into the OBDII connector. They are not hard to program. I don't think you need to reset the gauges. They should not drain the battery because they turn off when the keys are not in the on position in the ignition. I installed mine with my Roush Vent Pod and took about 10 minutes. If you are going to do it that way I highly suggest you route a piece of wire going down and then tape the connector that goes to the gauge to the wire and carefully pull up. The OBDII connector didn't fit going from the vent so I had to reverse it.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

They don't lose settings when unplugged. Think I read that id not planning to drive for extended time, to unplug or disconnect battery so you don't drain. I unplugged them when stored for winter.

My setup.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Sold! Thanks guys, I'm going to call and order them. Also, thanks for the pictures.

Toy4Bob - Did you have to drill into your dash to get the wires to the gauge pod??
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

You will love those gauges....send a PM to eaglestroker....trust me on this and before you order....hope you dont mind Rob???
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...lestroker.html
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

No worries J! I'll check into it and get back to the OP. And I'm flattered I could be an inspiration

Now for the questions:
Are they easy to Install?

Yes

Do they just plug into your OBDII connector?

Yes

Are they hard to program?

They practically program themselves minus your shift points

If you unplug them from the OBDII, (say to retune the car) do you have to reset the gauges?

I set them up a day before I installed them and they remembered all my settings, that impressed me.

Do they drain the battery when the car is turned off?

No, they have a cool turn on and shut off stage. They WILL stay on if you don't cancel out while viewing saved data.

If you install in the HVAC Vent, are they hard to wire? Do you have to drill an access hole somewhere?

You have to drill, it's really easy I could walk you through it. Longest part is taking the console and what not apart so you can have room to route around and run your wires.

If you install on the Pillar, is that hard - how about wiring?

I think the wiring should be long enough, but if not it would be as simple as snip solder and go.

Last edited by EagleStroker; 03-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Eagle...I think your original post cost me some money! LOL But, I know I'm going to enjoy them. I didn't realize there were gauges that connected to the OBD connector and that had that many functions until I read your post and then looked them up on the internet. Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I know the feeling man, been drooling over these for a while. When I came across a really good deal, couldn't resist anymore and blew my CDC chin fund it's exactly why my car will never have a body kit, to much perf stuff I come across

GL and let me know if I can be of anymore help.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I see your point Rob as I started backwards....body kit first and then performance mods!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i have been eyeballing them as well, i bought the 3 guage center dash pod. before i order them, i am trying to figure out my install first. im not sure i can run the wires through the defrost with the OBD plug on it, and i see it as near impossible to run it backwards from the plug to the guages, it seems like a task that requires me to take that dash apart, which im not feeling right now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have to Have! - But Need Dumb Questions Answered