Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cragar 20"s

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

I'm probably going to go with a 1.5" drop by purchasing the Ford "K" springs. Am I going to need an adjustable panhard bar (Poco, do you have any input?)?

Also, for anyone thinking about purchasing these wheels, American muscle raised the price from $139.99 each (what I paid) to $149.99 each within the last week on the 20"X9" wheels. The 20"X10" wheels are still $139.99.

And...I've got to give props to American Muscle. The tires were mounted and balanced for free by them. Then, they were individually shipped in boxes at no charge. Wow....excellent packaging, shipping and service. There wasn't a single mark on any of the wheels from mounting the tires or shipping. 100% satisfaction here!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hicompression
I'm probably going to go with a 1.5" drop by purchasing the Ford "K" springs. Am I going to need an adjustable panhard bar (Poco, do you have any input?)?

Also, for anyone thinking about purchasing these wheels, American muscle raised the price from $139.99 each (what I paid) to $149.99 each within the last week on the 20"X9" wheels. The 20"X10" wheels are still $139.99.

And...I've got to give props to American Muscle. The tires were mounted and balanced for free by them. Then, they were individually shipped in boxes at no charge. Wow....excellent packaging, shipping and service. There wasn't a single mark on any of the wheels from mounting the tires or shipping. 100% satisfaction here!
Forgot to say it in my last post so I'll say it now, but those wheels do look great on your car. As far as the adjustable panhard bar, I think it varies between cars, but I'd buy one just in case. Rather do it right the first time than have to wait for more parts and have the car half finished for a little bit.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

they look like airplane propellers to me.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

I dropped the hammer and ordered the Ford K-springs ($159) and camber bolts ($19) from 5.0 Resto. I'll post up dropped pics as soon as I have installed the springs.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 PM
PONYRAGE
1st Gear Member

Hicomp, and to every one else, please don't listen to the negative opinions. It's what you like that counts, plain and simple. It's not right really when people post negative comments AFTER the fact. Suggestions are one thing, as well as sincere advice. But flat out negative comments are just plain rude. If you have nothing good to say, then please take the polite route and keep it to yourself. You know who you are. Rims look nice bro. I actually like sizes from 18 - 20. I currently have 19/20, but might go the 18 route for performance reasons. But that's just me. 20's LOOK best on the s197s, in my opinion. Pe@ce.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PONYRAGE
Hicomp, and to every one else, please don't listen to the negative opinions. It's what you like that counts, plain and simple. It's not right really when people post negative comments AFTER the fact. Suggestions are one thing, as well as sincere advice. But flat out negative comments are just plain rude. If you have nothing good to say, then please take the polite route and keep it to yourself. You know who you are. Rims look nice bro. I actually like sizes from 18 - 20. I currently have 19/20, but might go the 18 route for performance reasons. But that's just me. 20's LOOK best on the s197s, in my opinion. Pe@ce.
The negative posts don't bother me! I'm going to do what I'm going to do no matter...

I also happen to be a member of DFWstangs.net. I'm used to negative comments and smack talking. I do agree 100% with those that stated it needs to be lowered though. I had already decided it needed to be lowered before I posted this thread.

Thanks for your positive comments and support!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

A panhard bar would be a good investment.When I lowered my 07' GT it was off about 3/8" 's from center.I purchased an adjustable Edelbrock PHB for around $110.00 shipped from Jegs.
If I ever come to visit family in Dallas,TX I'd sure like to meet up with you Stangers.Hopefully this Spring I'll be there.

Last edited by Poco; 03-13-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I think it looks good, and the new springs will tie it all in better. Congrats.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

Default Lowered in the rear...

Here is a before/after pic of it dropped 1.5" in the rear. I have not put the lowering springs in the front yet. Actually it looks pretty good as is.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Oh Yeaah! Sweet!

Quick Reply: Cragar 20"s