Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Percentage of V6 compared to GT.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default Percentage of V6 compared to GT.....

Over here in England there seems to be only GT's....although I heard of a V6 earlier today someone has! Nearly all the importers are selling GT's and not bothering with the V6's at all - I would say over 90% of the Mustangs imported at GT's! With this in mind I just wanted to know the percentage of V6's to GT's over the pond......more V6 or more GT's been sold???

I find it crazy that its so easy to get a Mustang here as all the importers have them but in the US it seems so hard to get your hands on one......I guess thats due to price though as they RIP YOU OFF over here!

Old 06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Percentage of V6 compared to GT.....

I've been told, by a dealer, the GT, with the IUP and all the bells and whistles, is approximately 2% of the mustangs made. You can find V6 stangs almost anywhere. They are lined up ten deep at the dealerships in the area in which I live. GTs, on the other hand, are as scarce as hen's teeth.

Steve
Old 06-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Alright, I can't remember where I saw this. But this is the loadout that I heard, and sounds about right.

GT/V6 = 30/70

GT Manual/Auto = 70/30
V6 Manual/Auto = 30/70

This sounds right ONLY because of the scheduling and logistics of parts. I know someone who works at Flat Rock and will try to see if he can find out, but those numbers sound pretty realistic.

Hoose84
Old 06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hoose84

Alright, I can't remember where I saw this. But this is the loadout that I heard, and sounds about right.

GT/V6 = 30/70

GT Manual/Auto = 70/30
V6 Manual/Auto = 30/70

This sounds right ONLY because of the scheduling and logistics of parts. I know someone who works at Flat Rock and will try to see if he can find out, but those numbers sound pretty realistic.

Hoose84

I find it almost hard to believe that they have sold more manuals than auto's on the GT - BIG surprise to me!

Thanks for info bud.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:46 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

I find it almost hard to believe that they have sold more manuals than auto's on the GT - BIG surprise to me!
Why? The auto is a $1,000 option.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

In Europe and the UK they dont sell a lot of automatic cars, but in NA autos outsell manuals big time.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:47 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

V-6'S on every dealer lot around Richmond VA. no GT'S.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

GT/V6 = 30/70

GT Manual/Auto = 70/30
V6 Manual/Auto = 30/70

Hoose84
Your % on the GT vs V6 is about right. That's always been the market spread. As for Manual vs Auto...hmm...dunno.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

GT/V6 = 30/70

GT Manual/Auto = 70/30
V6 Manual/Auto = 30/70

Hoose84
Your % on the GT vs V6 is about right. That's always been the market spread. As for Manual vs Auto...hmm...dunno.
I do question the V6 manual/auto percentage, since I have never seen a V6 manual unless it's ordered. The GT sounds about right though.

Hoose84
Old 06-15-2005, 06:14 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: budgy

ORIGINAL: don_w

In Europe and the UK they dont sell a lot of automatic cars, but in NA autos outsell manuals big time.
That was exactly my point and the part I thought was wierd - I am aware of more cars being auto in the States as I lived and drove there for so long - thats why I am surprised that more people dont pay the extra 1k and get auto!

Quick Reply: Percentage of V6 compared to GT.....