Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BoostBrothers Headers on the way, questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kpaulhus
If anyone wants to pay me $500 Ill install their headers lol. No guarentee it will be done in one day but it is not that hard....
Ever done Lt's on a V8? If so, get your *** down here to Texas

btw this is not an all expense paid trip
Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

LOL I did MY own LT's. Ill be in Houston the end of April but IDK if my boss will let me do the install lol...

The first startup after pulling it out of my shop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=manGwv_AAY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdHfMHHbPwI
Old 03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Oh, lol, I saw the "Track Vid in my 06 V6" in your sig and thought you had a sixxer. MY BAD!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Hats off to you guys that did the LT install yourself.. all I've ever heard is I WILL NEVER TRY THAT **** EVER AGAIN lol. My shop fabbed some O2 extensions for a few extra $$. You did good getting the stage 8 header bolts. Great investment.
Try them w/o the motor mounts. I did. Sounded like someone beating a drum under my floorboard when turning and first starting the car up. Other than that no problem . I went back a week later and had them swap the mounts out.

After all the pain and money spending is over you'll LOVE how the LT's sound. And anything else you do to the car on the intake side like s/c, nitrous, etc will benefit greatly from the improved flow.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 03-09-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Hats off to you guys that did the LT install yourself.. all I've ever heard is I WILL NEVER TRY THAT **** EVER AGAIN lol. My shop fabbed some O2 extensions for a few extra $$. You did good getting the stage 8 header bolts. Great investment.
Try them w/o the motor mounts. I did. Sounded like someone beating a drum under my floorboard when turning and first starting the car up. Other than that no problem . I went back a week later and had them swap the mounts out.

After all the pain and money spending is over you'll LOVE how the LT's sound. And anything else you do to the car on the intake side like s/c, nitrous, etc will benefit greatly from the improved flow.
So you were sarcastically stating to go ahead and get the motor mounts, right???
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

It's now or later bro.. sorry to tell ya. and your car will shift smoother to boot. After switching to poly mounts you realize just how crappy those fluid mounts were. I would highly recommend them if you can afford it.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

I'll also do any LT install for $500.00, will have it completed in 1 day

Buy the prothene mounts & install the same time as the LT's, will save you $ down the road.
The 'rubbing' being referred to is the LT's on the steering shaft, very little clearance there. Also, little clearance on the pass side to the frame rail.
I reused the stock bolts, but I did have to cut down 2 of them to clear a primary tube, we installed the Stage 8 bolts on a friends install, PITA to install them.
Need 2 O2 extender harness' you can fab up extensions yourself if you are good @ soldering. This is if the Boost Bros headers have the O2 sensor boss in the header collector. Your forward O2 sensors go there. The rear are not used & you'll need them turned off in your tune or use MIL eliminators.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Another thing you may want to have them do is weld up some wideband sensor bungs into your midpipe so they can get an accurate A/F reading when you dyno. The shop that did my header/midpipe install welded some in for me at no extra charge. Try to get some little perks like that if you can out of them... as long as you're spending big $$ at their shop.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
I'll also do any LT install for $500.00, will have it completed in 1 day

Buy the prothene mounts & install the same time as the LT's, will save you $ down the road.
The 'rubbing' being referred to is the LT's on the steering shaft, very little clearance there. Also, little clearance on the pass side to the frame rail.
I reused the stock bolts, but I did have to cut down 2 of them to clear a primary tube, we installed the Stage 8 bolts on a friends install, PITA to install them.
Need 2 O2 extender harness' you can fab up extensions yourself if you are good @ soldering. This is if the Boost Bros headers have the O2 sensor boss in the header collector. Your forward O2 sensors go there. The rear are not used & you'll need them turned off in your tune or use MIL eliminators.
Now I will still have the rear O2's plugged in, just disabled, right? The guy at the shop made it sound like he just wanted to not plug it in. I figured this is odd having an exposed bung, wouldn't that affect the exhaust flow somehow? Either way I went ahead and just bought two sets of O2 extensions from American Muscle. The discount plus the fact that they were cheaper then Brenspeed made me pull the trigger.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Quick question guys, I called Brenspeed today who told me I don't need a new tune. They said there's a chance they disabled the rear O2's when the did the CAI+tune, how can I tell? Also, they said the front O2's must always be on, anyone stuck with a CEL with LT's for good?

Last edited by kingsofcrunk; 03-11-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: BoostBrothers Headers on the way, questions