Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you choose in this situation
Steeda intake and buy tuner later
56.25%
MAC LT headers
43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

bit of a dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default bit of a dilemma

So my taxes are coming back and i have some left over money btu i dont know what to do..

Should I get MAC LT headers or a steeda intake (and get the tuner later)?

The reason this is a dilemma is because I have been offered a steeda intake for 150$ practically new. And I dont have enough to get the tuner right now if i was to do that.

So should I take the really good deal on the intake and get the tuner in a few weeks or get the headers?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

bump for my buddy greg
Old 03-10-2009, 04:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Allstar
So my taxes are coming back and i have some left over money btu i dont know what to do..

Should I get MAC LT headers or a steeda intake (and get the tuner later)?

The reason this is a dilemma is because I have been offered a steeda intake for 150$ practically new. And I dont have enough to get the tuner right now if i was to do that.

So should I take the really good deal on the intake and get the tuner in a few weeks or get the headers?
I added a poll! thought it would be fun! I voted for the LT's!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:48 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Don't LT require you to run a bit richer since it breathes better? You would need a tuner for that.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JasperGT
Don't LT require you to run a bit richer since it breathes better? You would need a tuner for that.
yeah i was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

both options will require a tune. so you should save up your money and get the tuner at the same time. but that is a hell of a deal on the steeda. i voted to quick and voted for LT but thought about it and both options require the tuner. so i would get the steeda, but dont install it, until you get the tuner. good luck with your decision.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Yeah. If you get LTs, you don't have to get a tune right away, but you're going to be performing horribly until you get one, IIRC. But the most bang for your buck is going to be the steeda and tune. If you can get a steeda for $150, jump on it! Then go to bamachips and grab a tuner and some tunes! You may even be able to get lucky and buy a cheap used tuner on the classifieds section here, and save abit more. =)

Just make sure you tell bamachips exactly what you have! And get a cable that fits your tuner to your computer so you can continue to get updates for it when you add your LTs! =)
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

You definitely don't NEED a tuner/tune for either of the LT's or the intake. Ya it helps, but it's not a major thing done to the car to require a tune. Intake is usually always first, and if you can afford LT's, why can't you afford an intake and a tune all at once? It would still be around the same price as the Lt's alone.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lbballin9
You definitely don't NEED a tuner/tune for either of the LT's or the intake. Ya it helps, but it's not a major thing done to the car to require a tune. Intake is usually always first, and if you can afford LT's, why can't you afford an intake and a tune all at once? It would still be around the same price as the Lt's alone.

you would think.. well the LT's i want i canb get for 379 shipped to my door new.. the intake and tune will run me about 600 bux.. lil too much right now because i have my girls bday coming up and car payments and insurance and a cruise...... but if i get the intake i might be able to stash some money to the side and get the tuner next paycheck.

and i thought the steeda NEEDS a tune?? what happens if you dont? im sure it can't be good its probably running to lean or something wouldn't you think?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

Definitely get the Steeda and save for a tuner/tunes. Best bang for your buck, especially when you're getting a $150 deal on the Steeda.

X-Calibrator 3 with three free tunes $399.00 from Bamachips

And yes, a tune is required for the Steeda.

Quick Reply: bit of a dilemma