Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you with Cervini's hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Default For those of you with Cervini's hoods

Yesterday I purchased a pre-painted Cervini's hood (from Cervini's) and I am having it shipped to my door.

The question is, how hard is it to install a new hood, and what kind of mounting hardware is required to mount the hood? Does the new hood re-use the stock hardware?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have one on the way too. Its the 2.5 cowl painted in black. Which hood did you get? From what I've read, the new hood uses the stock hardware. I'm going to order a set of pins today I think...
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

I want a new hood...
Oh, I heard that you use the stock hardware.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'll admit it was hard to drop the $ on it. The hood was $495, paint $349, and shipping $125 for a total of $969. The stock hood is like a damn kiln though. I've never had a car that got as hot under the hood as this one, even before the blower. With summer approaching I wanted something that would allow ventilation, so I view this as a functional mod more than a "show" mod. I just hope this Cervinis cowl works almost as well as the Steeda 2.5". The only reason I bought the Cervinis part was the pre-painted service. I didn't want to have to mess with it locally.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I like the way you think Mudflap. I ordered the 2.5" cowl hood as well! Pre-painted satin silver, not black (for obvious reasons). I only have to pay $110 for shipping, because I am east of the Mississippi River.

I did the pre-painting for the same reason. I have wanted this hood for over a year now, and now it is finally gonna happen.

Last edited by JasperGT; 03-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'm now just hoping that they paint the rear portion of the hood where the vents are. I told them to only paint the top as I could care less what the engine bay looks like. I just hope they are kind enough to also paint the area that will be visible from the inside of the cabin. If not, I guess I'll have to go buy a can of krylon, lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

It will come with bolts already in the mounting holes. You just need to remove the hood latch bar and attach it to the new hood. First test fit it. Make sure you tape off the inside fender edges while fitting it up. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

Im having the Tru-Fiber GTS-3 installed on my car but my buddy has the Cervinis Ram air on his 05 GT and the shop that did the paint and install said the Cervinis hood was the best fitting, easiest installing fiberglass hood they had ever done so I would say it should bolt right up and fit very nicely.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Va. Stang
Make sure you tape off the inside fender edges while fitting it up. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip! I probably wouldn't have thought of this, lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

VA, what part of VA? You have some more pictures of the hood, looks like you got the ram air type IV? If so are all vents functional? Did you get the ram air kit?

Originally Posted by Va. Stang
It will come with bolts already in the mounting holes. You just need to remove the hood latch bar and attach it to the new hood. First test fit it. Make sure you tape off the inside fender edges while fitting it up. Good luck.

Quick Reply: For those of you with Cervini's hoods