Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIP: My Mustang GT500KR Conversion *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:10 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nmd55
dont get the v6 rear spoiler. there are much better ones out there, especially if u are buying it new.

also the center caps for the alcoas. the KRs have a different center cap which you cannot buy. shelby forces you to overpay for the ugly ones i have.

i believe the KRs have brembo or bear big brake kits with 6 piston calipers and 14" rotors (around $2k just for the fronts). you can also get the kit from shelby to attach to the lower grille bezel to make them functional.
KR uses the same setup as GT500, Brembo front and standard issue rears, but with the cooling ducts. SS uses the 6 piston setup.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03svtcobra12
dont forget the 500+ hp engine
You bring up a valid point. While this is a conversion to look like what I want, the GT500KR, it was never meant to be EXACTLY specific. In the end, I want my car to suit my tastes, and whether I want a 4.6l engine with an s/c or a 5.4l, as long as it looks good, and is quick enough to do the KR respect, then I am happy.

That being said, I've been re-convinced to go back to the GT500 spoiler. Does anyone have anything good for the spoiler store on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...mZ120388730121

Seems a good price!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeremeh
You bring up a valid point. While this is a conversion to look like what I want, the GT500KR, it was never meant to be EXACTLY specific. In the end, I want my car to suit my tastes, and whether I want a 4.6l engine with an s/c or a 5.4l, as long as it looks good, and is quick enough to do the KR respect, then I am happy.

That being said, I've been re-convinced to go back to the GT500 spoiler. Does anyone have anything good for the spoiler store on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...mZ120388730121

Seems a good price!
I've heard nothing but good comments about them. Did you see the links I posted you for the lower grill and cooling bezels on the page before this one?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
I've heard nothing but good comments about them. Did you see the links I posted you for the lower grill and cooling bezels on the page before this one?
I did! Much appreciated, Cutter. I need to update my price tags. I'm really thinking I want the supersnake stripe as well instead of the standard GT500 fare. I'm still deciding between dark grey and matte black though.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I did! Much appreciated, Cutter. I need to update my price tags. I'm really thinking I want the supersnake stripe as well instead of the standard GT500 fare. I'm still deciding between dark grey and matte black though.
What color is your car?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
What color is your car?
UA- Black
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

on a side not, i see you have oem HIDs. you should get some good money for those when you switch over to the gt500 headlights.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

UA- Black

DOH!! Guess I should of looked at your siggy LOL! Anyway, matt black would look really nice but, if you want to be more Unique I would go with that dark gray (Alloy Grey) that came out on the 2007 Mustang.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 03-11-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

there are a bunch of other small things that just dont make sense to change.

For instance, i wouldnt spend $400 on a steering wheel just to switch the pony sticker to the snake. The gauges would also need replacing, as the gt500s have the tack and spedometer switched. I believe the gt500s are 6-speeds and you will also need to replace your door sills and get a CF dash kit.

i debated all of this, and decided that i would rather invest more money on better ride quality and more HP.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nmd55
there are a bunch of other small things that just dont make sense to change.

For instance, i wouldnt spend $400 on a steering wheel just to switch the pony sticker to the snake. The gauges would also need replacing, as the gt500s have the tack and spedometer switched. I believe the gt500s are 6-speeds and you will also need to replace your door sills and get a CF dash kit.

i debated all of this, and decided that i would rather invest more money on better ride quality and more HP.
Very true. I just saw a thread the other day on how to do that, so I'll look into it. Good catch. The gauges... don't really bother me that much. The 6-speed will be a way-down-the-line switch. But the door sills will need to be quick. I found a few places that sell OEM sills with "Mustang" "SVT" and "Ford Racing" lit up, so that will probably be the one that I grab. And luckily! Mine came with the CF dash already. =)

Quick Reply: WIP: My Mustang GT500KR Conversion *PICS*