Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with aftermarket sound systems...please enter..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Im not sure hoe well it would fit, but ill try to describe this the best i can. You may know what i mean but im not sure so here it goes. Make a floor a few inches over the existing trunk floor, if your going for a show look you can use some kinda plexiglass so you can see through the top layer and look down on the amps. Then just get some pc cooling fans and set them up to move some fresh air around the amps to keep them from over heating. If your really wanting show looks, you can add lights asnd what not, but that basics is to have the amps under another floor so u can still stow stuff in your trunk above them, but they wont over heat.

Here's an example of a false floor design I did for a friend.

Tim
Old 03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

heres mine

Old 03-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

damn... super clean install and those ED subs are the shiznit. I wanted to mount my amp like that but the internal fans wouldn't have been able to exhaust (efficiently) in an inverted horizontal mounting position.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Yea I have heard about that but I havent had any problems. I also made enough room on top of that rack to fit another amp I have for the door speakers. That one would be upright. I havent had the time to take apart the car to do that yet though.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Not sure that it makes that much diff. I've had (non-internal cooled) amps mounted in some super cramped quarters in the past and haven't had problems. Some of them in places like the glovebox/glovebox area and no overheat issues. Car audio-type amps are tougher than people think . I just wanted to baby this one lol.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Not sure that it makes that much diff. I've had (non-internal cooled) amps mounted in some super cramped quarters in the past and haven't had problems. Some of them in places like the glovebox/glovebox area and no overheat issues. Car audio-type amps are tougher than people think . I just wanted to baby this one lol.
Rubrignitz....do you have any more photos? Its hard to see what you did exactly. To me it looks like you have an anti-gravity system and the amp is floating in the air in the trunk. Oh and no....that wasn't my mom in the car with me on that MGW video. HA

Thanks for all the input guys. This is some awesome stuff. I am tired of not being able to take a turn too fast because my JL equipment is going to slide all over the place.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

dang, you remembered the mom comment lol! yeah, mine is a "floating" MDF mounting. It mounts top to bottom. really simple actually unlike some of the more sophisticated rear seat mounts these guys have posted. works well though with lots of ventilation.

I'll try to get you some more detailed pics tomorrow. pm me if I forget
Old 03-14-2009, 03:06 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

You guys have some nice setups. Unfortunately I cant have anything permanent since I take it out every year before I race.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:03 AM
SmokeKushandRaceStangz

I have a very nice aftermarket system w/ amp placement under both seats...

Seems to work real nice
Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 AM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

One thing that was important to me was not to put any holes in the car. I did end up having to drill four holes through the bracket behind the seats, but I lined them with rubber grommets and no one will ever notice they were added should I remove the system down the road. No other modifications were made to the car at all, save shaving the nub on the firewall grommet.

Tim

Quick Reply: Those with aftermarket sound systems...please enter..