MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Need some quick help about a fuse or something related? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/524117-need-some-quick-help-about-a-fuse-or-something-related.html)

PennState 03-14-2009 12:23 PM

Need some quick help about a fuse or something related?

Hey guys, so this weekend i been replacing all the green leds in the dash dash to blue. I got it all done except the windows and door, i tried the windows, but it was too hard so i put it back in the door, and said i will do it later. However now after properlly connecting everything back. My power windows, power mirrors, and radio doesn't work?? Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I hope its nothing serious. I check a couple of fuse, and they all looked fine. Any advice??

PennState 03-14-2009 12:56 PM

anyone have an idea which fuse it could be??

PennState 03-14-2009 03:42 PM

anyone?? i got a 5+ hour drive tommorrow, i really need the radio and need the windows to drop..

157dB 03-14-2009 03:42 PM

power windows, power mirrors, and radio

There seems to be nothing common to the three in the power catagory.
Maybe its in the ground side of the supply. There are grounds that are
common to other electrical circuits.
Did you maybe remove a ground(s) and forget to replace them when
replacing the dash?
I would be looking for G202 and G204 to be unhooked.

PennState 03-14-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by 157db (Post 6025190)
power windows, power mirrors, and radio

There seems to be nothing common to the three in the power catagory.
Maybe its in the ground side of the supply. There are grounds that are
common to other electrical circuits.
Did yo maybe remove a ground(s) and forget to replace them when
replacing the dash?

yeah i notice this, no grounds were removed, it happened after i went to put the door switch back in, which was only a harness..

PennState 03-14-2009 06:33 PM

anyone, please i need to know lol!!

vaporstang 03-14-2009 07:05 PM

I'm not strong in electrical issues, but did you check the SJB fuses in the power distribution fuse box in the engine compartment? It looks like there are four of them. Locations 59, 62, 63 and 67. If I'm reading the manual correct, these feed the fuse box in the passenger compartment. Someone chime in if I'm way off base...Good Luck!

PennState 03-14-2009 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by vaporstang (Post 6025663)
I'm not strong in electrical issues, but did you check the SJB fuses in the power distribution fuse box in the engine compartment? It looks like there are four of them. Locations 59, 62, 63 and 67. If I'm reading the manual correct, these feed the fuse box in the passenger compartment. Someone chime in if I'm way off base...Good Luck!

i did on the normal looking fuses, i pulled them out and looked to see if it was burnt or w.e in the center..i don't have a fuse tester...how do i know if the big ones are broken??

vaporstang 03-14-2009 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jerseyautoparts (Post 6025818)
i did on the normal looking fuses, i pulled them out and looked to see if it was burnt or w.e in the center..i don't have a fuse tester...how do i know if the big ones are broken??

The fuses I mentioned are all mini-fuses (at least on my 2008). There are some larger cartridge fuses that have a clear top and you can look into. The ones you can't see into are relays. An auto parts store would have a cheap fuse tester. Again, I'm not sure if I am on the right track with the fuses I mentions above.

red96v6 03-14-2009 09:07 PM

This has happened to me before i think. My remote turn on lead that wasn't connected to an amp came un-taped and kept blowing fuse 10 i think... this caused the windows not to work and the radio too iirc...