Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting/Funny thing about Loud Exhaust in California.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Smile Interesting/Funny thing about Loud Exhaust in California.....

So anyway I know alot of people espeically the newer guys always ask about loud exhausts in California I know I asked at least 3 times myself so i though i would share this little thing that happened to me yesterday just to give you an idea of how the "Rules" work.... anyway it went like this...
One day in a far away land.. oh my bad wrong story... ahh here we go...

Yesterday on my way home from work I pulled up to a protest on Veteran and Wilhire Blvd for those of you who know the area. They were protesting about whats going on in Darfur and how it needs to be stopped which I completely agree with that's were we should send some troops... I am sure all of you guys know whats going on over there.. anyway there where signs saying honk to save Darfur and stuff so I did and as I was driving the light at the intersection turns red so I stop of course and I am sitting there as the protestors walk in the street with giant posters and everyone is just honking so I decided to do something a little different... I through it in park and revved the **** out of my engine haha then everyone looked and started whistling and stuff haha was pretty cool but then I looked to my left and saw 4 cop cars all parked and see cops everywhere and I was like... wow good job idiot.. but then i saw like 3 of them that were talking turn arund and look at me and I swear it looked like he nodded at me haha =) I guess I used it for the right reason? Anyway if they wanted to they could have walked over to me and told me to pull over or just given me a ticket right there.. but they didn't so it was pretty cool and it just shows you that you can get away with a modified exhaust over here as long as you know when to and when not to show it off =) haha. Anyway just thought I would share to help get through the work day lol. PEACE!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Nicley Done ! Most cops up here in northern cali. are getting really cool about the muscle cars around here! As long as you take it to the track and your NOT being a dick on the road they respect the muscle car sound.... Its the damn fart cans they cant stand !
Old 03-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I have to agree as long as you ain't driving like an idiot I am gonna assume you will be ok. Haha
Old 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

How could you not like a sound of a V8 rumble? Some of these imports have real loud exhaust and annoying at that and I see them roll by cops all the time and its not like you can hide a missle launcher of an exhaust pipe on the tail end of a civic. And what about the Harley's and other chopper bikes? Dont get me wrong, I love them and might just pick one up for the fun of it, but they can literally wake the dead at idle. But the Harley sound is protected by law, well why wont someone protect the open sound of a V8. Sorry I got carried away during lunch.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i've always wondered the same thing. those harley's and custom bike sound 5x louder than my car does even with the longtubes and catless x i have in the car. i have to let off the throttle when i'm near cops just so it won't draw even more attention to me as i drive by them. i never know if they're checking the car out or just wondering if i know i have all these illegal things on my car haha
Old 03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

those cops were on their donut break. as soon as they run out of dunkin donuts, they'll be rounding up jokers that are revving the crap out of their engines bc it is exhibition of speed or some other trumped up charges. cops can do just about anything. may not be legal, moral, and probly wont stand up in court, but they can ruin your day momentarily and inconvenience you by going to court for having fun, that's what cops do....everywhere. thats cool that they found it funny, you revving your engine, just like you can go 110 on the highway and not get caught every time, but it's still against the law and they can give you a ticket if they want to.