Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad case of SPRING fever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Default Bad case of SPRING fever!!!!

Today here in NJ the mercury actually went over 60 degrees and it was sunny! Although I had a lot to do today I knew I had to take my car out. It's been under cover for a few weeks, since the weather has been less than cooperative. I cannot express how much I missed driving it. I will say that , My brand new DD (2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer) is wonderful and it actually very plush.. but when I got into my GT, It truly felt like SPRING!!!!! After a quick run and knowing I would not want to take it to the city parking garage on my next errand, I reluctantly parked it at home again. Of course tomorrow is supposed to rain, AGAIN. At least that quick (and yes, it was quick) run around town was a bit of a fix. A quick rubdown with some Ice and it's back under cover ....Come on SPrinG! Get here already!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Felt the same way in January after I was able to drive my car. It had been sitting for over a month in my garage. Sub zero temperatures, snow, etc.. The roads were clear enough that one day that I got out and drove it. Later that afternoon it snowed and the car had to sit for another week or two before an opportunity came up again.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Ditto, I did the same thing, for the first time I took my car out this morning, took an hour drive before I went to work, and left work a few times just to go for a drive, now its all washed and back in the garage, it will be out soon enough I guess?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Damn, I thought this was going to be a coil spring discussion. It's been spring here in austin, tx for the last two months.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i have a terrible case 2... this makes we wanna buy more parts so bad!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Damn, I thought this was going to be a coil spring discussion. It's been spring here in austin, tx for the last two months.
Sure rub it in Rubrignitz LOL
Old 03-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gtguyonli
Sure rub it in Rubrignitz LOL
Actually, we don't have a so-called "spring" or "fall" here. We call it hot or cold .
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stndbck
Today here in NJ the mercury actually went over 60 degrees and it was sunny! Although I had a lot to do today I knew I had to take my car out. It's been under cover for a few weeks, since the weather has been less than cooperative. I cannot express how much I missed driving it. I will say that , My brand new DD (2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer) is wonderful and it actually very plush.. but when I got into my GT, It truly felt like SPRING!!!!! After a quick run and knowing I would not want to take it to the city parking garage on my next errand, I reluctantly parked it at home again. Of course tomorrow is supposed to rain, AGAIN. At least that quick (and yes, it was quick) run around town was a bit of a fix. A quick rubdown with some Ice and it's back under cover ....Come on SPrinG! Get here already!!!!
I drive mine all year long, and I love this type of weather.

I just wish it could stay like this all year long :/
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

man, I really feel for you guys who refuse to drive your stangs in any inclement weather. been driving mine pretty much all winter (barring any major snow storms). the way I figure it, why should I keep it in mint condition for the next owner? I just wash it on a regular basis and drive on, enjoying every minute.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

yeah about that... lmao the only reason I dont drive my stang is if there is a hurricane. We had a pretty cold "winter" for that 3 weeks lol

Quick Reply: Bad case of SPRING fever!!!!