Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chime in with your TPMS experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I told the dealership that the tpms were having throwing a fault code, they reset trained them from me and charged it as a waranty issue. I don't know if they just didn't know they weren't factory GT wheels or they didn't care, but regardless I'm not complaining.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

have a question along these lines if y'all don't mind...

i bought a set of OEM polished wheels off of another MF member and put them on my car. do i have to have something done to get my car to sync with them? i took the car for a 10 min drive and got no warnings or anything. thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

Thanks to everyone for speaking up on your past experiences. Mike at Cruzin Concepts hooked me up and I just decided to have them install the TPMS and have it over and done with instead of taking the monitors off the old ones and rebalance everything.

Look for 4 stock wheels w/ 2600 miles and factory TPMS up for sale soon
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

congrats enjoy the new wheels man
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ckone0814

i bought a set of OEM polished wheels off of another MF member and put them on my car. do i have to have something done to get my car to sync with them? i took the car for a 10 min drive and got no warnings or anything. thanks.
You may or you may not. My Bullitts didn't throw an error for 20-30 miles and then went off after being parked for a while then returned again. After I took the car in it was only the right rear that needed to be retrained.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

well here in pa. we have the hardest workers, but not the smartest!! i had a tire shop install bands and brackets from AM on my 18" foose wheels. they did a great job on the road force variation balancing. when i picked up my car at the shop they gave me the box the bands came in and when i drove it the car had no shimming. i am thinking great, job well done!! I WAS WRONG!!! i got home and opened the box and the clear bag still contained the double faced backing cushion that should of been put on the sensor bracket. my question is will the bands and bracket spin on the wheel and throw the balance out??? PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
well here in pa. we have the hardest workers, but not the smartest!! i had a tire shop install bands and brackets from AM on my 18" foose wheels. they did a great job on the road force variation balancing. when i picked up my car at the shop they gave me the box the bands came in and when i drove it the car had no shimming. i am thinking great, job well done!! I WAS WRONG!!! i got home and opened the box and the clear bag still contained the double faced backing cushion that should of been put on the sensor bracket. my question is will the bands and bracket spin on the wheel and throw the balance out??? PLEASE HELP!!!
When I was looking through the threads on here I remember seeing the same thing happen to someone else and the answer was yes, the sensors would have to be reinstalled. But I can't find that thread . . . yet. Then again, I've spent so much time reading everything on here (too much if you ask the wife everything is starting to look like one big thread. . . lol
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by ckone0814

Originally Posted by Ato
You may or you may not. My Bullitts didn't throw an error for 20-30 miles and then went off after being parked for a while then returned again. After I took the car in it was only the right rear that needed to be retrained.
Ah, yes you do.
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=71&viewfile...20Training.pdf
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=68&viewfile...g%20System.pdf
The third pic is of the FORD $20 training tool.
Attached Thumbnails Chime in with your TPMS experience-tpms.jpg   Chime in with your TPMS experience-tpms2.jpg   Chime in with your TPMS experience-tpmssensortool.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 03-20-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 AM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
07bluestang, I was able to find this:

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=70&viewfile...d%20Cradle.pdf

Looks like the cradle is supposed to have that adhesive under it. Page 3-Step 3
Old 04-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem with vibration in the steering wheel and with new set of wheels, from a different site sponsor.

(not running nitto tires are ya?)

But, I did read some and noticed that my stock sensors where taped and banded. And I remember the new wheels just being banded on. No tape. From what I hear, the sensor can move on the wheel. But Im not sure if that 1oz ( I think) sensor would make that much of a difference?

I am taking Friday off to head down to the tire shop. I want this done right too. But what a pain in the a$$ if it is something that simple.

I will let you know my experience tomorrow!

Oh yeah, just test drove the car this morning to make sure..

Cant feel it at 140! LOL

Quick Reply: Chime in with your TPMS experience