Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take the 05 GT???

Old 06-15-2005, 11:35 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Default Should I take the 05 GT???

Hi Guys (and Gals),
They say there is wisdom in the counsel of many? Well I have the 06 GT vert manual on order (for $1500 off sticker) and today another dealer called me and said that they had an 05 GT coupe manual (with options I wanted) and they would match the $1500 off if I was interested. AAARRGGGGHHH!!!!! What to do, what to do!!!!

Wifey wants to wait for the vert but "my loins are BURNING" and I dont know if I can wait until late fall or end of year to get my 06.

I also wanted to order the 07 Shelby anyway so this getting the less expensive coupe would mean I would "waste" less on a trade. I have also been having second thoughts about a vert in the hot Houston sun and the hassle of always putting up the top could get old. Any vert owners in hot cities have any "honest" comments on this?

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I take the 05 GT???

If the 05 has what you want take it.. I'd always stick with my first instinct.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 PM
jammer

Personally I think the coupe is meaner looking. I like the verts a lot but owning a Mustang spells tough to me and the verts don't have it. Go with your gut.....
Old 06-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

if you can get $1500 off a GT today, take it!
You've seen the hassle people go through waiting for their ordered cars, right?
Bird in the hand, my man!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

If it was me, I would get the 05. You make a good point on cheaper trade-in and the best part would be you would get to own and drive the greatest car now! BUT, if the car is for the wife and she wants a vert, I guess you need to wait. BUT, if the car is for you and vert isn't important to you, I say GO FOR IT! I live in the hot south also, which is why I didn't get a vert because I knew I would never put the top down. IMO, coupe looks better too (compared to vert with top up)... although I am biased.

Kathy
Old 06-15-2005, 11:53 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Get the 05 you will be mad with yourself all summer if you don't.You will be getting the conv. during the winter months? If you are looking to get a shelby why wait for conv that you might not get to use.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 AM
freakatthewheel
1st Gear Member

I say coupe! Grab it fast and enjoy the driving - God, its great! I've never been much of a vert guy, although I will admit the 05 vert looks good.... but thats only because its got the bod to sustain losing its head
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 AM
macca
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the excellent replies. I also think the coupe has a much better look to it but we agreed on a vert initially because there are lots of times when it would be so coooollll to go for a drive with the top down when we want to. Someone who works with me has a Miata vert and says that putting the top up and down all the time is a real pain in the buty and I have never owned a vert so I dont know if this is going to become an issue. I mean, if I head down to the store to run some errands, I am not looking forward to putting the top up and down cause I definitely wont be leaving it baking in the hot sun. What do other vert owners do?

Man I hate being undecided. The other thing that is a factor is that I heard that a coupe is much easier to sell than a vert cause they are more popular. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

One last thing, I will be dropping a S/C in and wondered if anyone had tried to sell a car with an aftermarket S/C? Does this make a car more attractive or less? Does it scare buyers away cause they think it is thrashed? Is there a market for used S/C's (I wouldnt thing so). I never hang onto cars for very long and this will be no exception cause I will be getting a Shelby as soon as possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

"Just Do It." -Nike
Old 06-16-2005, 01:07 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

One more thing to consider. Are you planning on running it at a dragstrip at all? Most tracks (but not all), require roll bars/cages for cars under 11.99 sec. And for verts, it's usually 13.99 sec. I assume that you may want to race it, otherwise why put a SC on?

And it you do try to sell or trade it later, you will probably lose your shirt on the SC.

My 2 cents...

Search this Thread