Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Boost Brothers LT Review! 56k GTFO!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
If you can beat realstreetperformance's price ***** Ill drop my car off for you to install my AR LT, they are one of the best fits out of the LT from the info I had gathered so there wont be the problems such as above.
bring em over, can they install for less than $250?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by one eyed *****
bring em over, can they install for less than $250?
lol they quoted me $250 so I should go back to them and tell them they need to price match oneeyedwilly cause he builds his own dam turbos and ****.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Hey King- is that you in the picture frame on the second shelf of the first pic? just curious...one always wonders what everyone looks like that you talk with online and sometimes more frequently then your own family or friends....sorry OT
Haha yea that's me.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

So The headers rub on the steering linkage and the frame rails.

Can the headers rubbing on the frame of the car cause unnecessary stress to the heads. When the engine is torqued the headers are going to press up against the frame right? Because the headers are stainless steel they will transfer a lot of the force into the heads of the engine. I would assume the heads of the engine are very tough but over time could this cause warping of the heads. i am hoping for a more knowledgeable mf member to chime in any time and tell me if i am right or wrong.

And shouldn't Boost Brothers send you a brand new pair for free. Your car was part of their research and development. This problem should have been solved before you purchased your header. Even if they did exchange your header you would still have to absorb the cost of having to reinstall the header.

Last edited by Rskapof; 03-22-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

I am a member of the Formula Student Challenge team for SAE at my college (we build race cares and compete against other schools in races). When we build the headers for our car we use a 3d modeling program. Designing headers is simply about making the pipes fit around all of the other components of the car while meeting the design specifications of the headers (the flow equations).

It is such a pain in the butt to make a 3d computer model out of a real life object, especially in tight spaces like a car but with the right equipment (extremely expensive 3d hand held scanner) it can be done fairly well. This could be why more expensive headers fit much better.

I am only a student and have plenty to learn about my GT and cars in general, which is why i am trying to read all of your posts to learn from you. I just think that this is rediculous that Boost Brothers can sell these headers and not give this guy any compensation after he was sold an unfinished design and did the leg work that boost brothers was supposed to do to fix it.

I guess the point i am trying to make is save your money, save the headache, and buy quality headers unless you are ready to fabricate your own LT header (and maybe you could sell your design for a few hundred dollars as well).
Old 03-22-2009, 04:37 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

What school are you at? UF? Just so you know, many of the long tube headers sold for the S197's have trouble with the steering shaft, which is why most people go with the Prothane motor mounts to lift the motor a hair for clearance. I go to UCF but I wanted to go to UF because of the design competition and how involved it was.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

UF does have a great program, but you guys at UCF have a great program as well as far as i thought. And your school looks fantastic. I go to FSU, and i am actually in charge of Formula and i have two other people working with me on this project. We have been working on our design for about a year and have gained a bunch of components to the car (including an engine which is a 1995 CBR600F3). The suspension is nearly done, the only thing left is getting the CV joints and differential mounting brackets designed then the frame, by next spring the car should be done. (we have never had more then 4 people working on the formula project at once)
Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

I have not gotten involved yet in the program, I am a first year student right now but next semester I plan to get involved. I'm curious, are you able to utilize the tools in your workshop for use on your car? Maybe I can design soemthing for my car...
Old 03-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

Our club can use a mill and a laithe any time we need to. We do have CNC machines available to use as well as a rapid prototyping machine, though those machines we have to wait in line for. And near 100% of the time our designs do not NEED to be done on a CNC machine, though using the CNC would make us 100 times more efficient in the machine shop (and that way all of our parts are not blocks with holes).
Old 03-22-2009, 07:27 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Very nice, I can't wait to get involved in it next semester.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Boost Brothers LT Review! 56k GTFO!