Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is something wrong with me or my car? ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Why is everyone so quick to pull the cable off the battery? To reset the adaptive learning, key on (but engine not running) slowly press the gas pedal to the floor and release it (not sure if that needs to be slow or not) then turn the key off. Adaptive learning reset.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:42 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

First thing I would do is get a tune from Brent at Brenspeed. Best bang for the buck.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
First thing I would do is get a tune from Brent at Brenspeed. Best bang for the buck.
Would there be a significant difference between the little tune my car came with vs the Brenspeed tune? in the matter of double digit HP/TQ gain..?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The Bama and Brenspeed CAI & tune combos provide typical gains of 15 to 25+ RWHP. Even the custom 87 tunes are heads above the stock 87 tune. A CAI alone adds maybe 5 or so RWHP and using anything higher than 87 octane provides no additional gain. The CAI & custom tune combos (the combos come with 3 tunes) will really wake your car up.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

The tune will net you some power but more than that it will aid in response from the car. The tune will fix alot of the lag from the stock drive by wire TB.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
To reset the adaptive learning, key on (but engine not running) slowly press the gas pedal to the floor and release it (not sure if that needs to be slow or not) then turn the key off. Adaptive learning reset.
That only recalibrates the gas pedal and throttle body.
It does not reset the ECU's adaptive learning, which requires either disconnecting the battery cable, or reflashing the tune(assuming an aftermarket tune is installed).
Old 03-24-2009, 10:26 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GeritGoul
Alright so here's the deal.. I took off for California for two months on New Years and was away from the car. Came home for about 3 weeks and drove my car like mad. Still had the *** to seat feeling everytime i hit the gas lol. I took off for California again for a week and just got back on sunday. I get back in my car all excited to drive and get that feeling back only to not get that feeling. I thought maybe it was just a fluke cause i had just got off the airplane. but no today im getting the same NO feeling..i know i am goin fast but im just not feeling the torque, i guess...COULD something be wrong with my car or is it just me? is this a sign i need to start modding?..i know my car is pretty quick stock but im just not getting the feeling anymore..HELP!!
Was the ambient temperature and/or the relative humidity significantly lower the 1st time?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Wait what is this so called stimulus check you are talking about? Are we getting another?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ski
Was the ambient temperature and/or the relative humidity significantly lower the 1st time?
now that i think about it yes..it was much cooler the first time..and its been warmer the past few days..i know how much weather can effect performance but it just seems so much more significant...thats all right tho...i just emailed Brenspeed about a tune..see what i can come up with..ima go ahead and keep my CAI that came stock with it..cause i think its plenty of intake, unless im wrong..85mm seems big enough right
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I was under the impression that simply reloading the tune only reset SOME of the parameters associated with the adaptive learning and that, to clear all of them, it took disconnecting the battery. Either one will make the car feel more peppy after it's had a few miles of driving.

Quick Reply: Is something wrong with me or my car? ?