Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger on a Saleen SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Does saleen make a non IC model?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Hmm, not that I've ever heard of. The other unit I really like is the Procharger. I nearly bought one, but settled on the Vortech for price vs HP ratio. The Prochargers sound awesome though.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Smooth_J
Nice, what is the warranty like on the kit?
the Saleen has none!
Originally Posted by AMoRT
yeah they no longer offer any warranties
thats right
Originally Posted by Jizz
Few notes:

With Saleen going out (sad) I may rethink them. Would hate to have a SC ($5000) and get no support

I would like to do a STB and with the Vortech no worries. The Vortech is cheap and you can up grade it - a plus.

Kennebell?
Just get the Whipple and they have great customer service and offer a warranty too!
Originally Posted by Riptide
Theres always whipple.
FTMFW!!!!!
Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Whipple FTW.

Love mine and it makes great power.

I wasnt trying to talk someone out of a Saleen just curious how it affected things. I am sure if you purchased through brenspeed they would warranty it.
I am sure he would.... I would like to read what he has to say about Saleen going out of business
Does saleen make a non IC model?
doesn't the 5 psi version come without it? or is it the 7 psi?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Speaking of whipple. What's the best place to pick up a non IC version? The FRPP site is outrageous.
Call Steve at Tousley Ford, 1-800-328-9552.

He got me my HO kit for a great price.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:03 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500

doesn't the 5 psi version come without it? or is it the 7 psi?
All of the saleens have an intercooler even the 4psi base version.

I am not anti saleen in any way, I almost bought a Brenspeed Stage 3, but I was worried about firewall clearance and I just thought the Whipple was dead sexy.

Lack of warranty would freak me out though with something this expensive.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Man if the Whipple non IC was just a bit cheaper... The thing is TeH SEx. I love that whine and the fact it's a twin screw but I'm just not sure I'm willing to fork over 1000+ bucks for nearly the same performance as the Vortech.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Man if the Whipple non IC was just a bit cheaper... The thing is TeH SEx. I love that whine and the fact it's a twin screw but I'm just not sure I'm willing to fork over 1000+ bucks for nearly the same performance as the Vortech.
This was my problem exactly. $1000 for a sound effect just wasn't justifiable to me. I think the non-IC Vortech with a set of 4.10s would be pretty close to the power on demand that the non-IC Whipple would have. Close enough, anyway. The fact that the Brenspeed Paxton HO kit is the same price as the non-IC Whipple was even more reason for me to skip it. Had the Whipple non-IC been around $4000, there is a very good chance it would be bolted to my car right now...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

If I could get a whipple non IC kit shipped to my door for $4350 or less I would probably do it. But that would be the absolute limit.

Expensive hobby we've got here eh guys? Maybe I should've stuck with computer games and video cards.

On second thought.. screw that!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Here is the deal on warranty's: (Please note the items in bold and you will see that if you purchase a Saleen SC today that you will get a warranty)

In a letter sent to existing Saleen dealers, MJA announced that they would not be responsible for warranty costs or coverage belonging to Saleen, Inc. prior to February 2, 2009, the official date of MJA's purchase. According to the letter, all warranty issues on parts prior to that date as well as all vehicle warranties -- regardless of purchase date -- remain in the hands of Saleen, Inc.

Meanwhile, Saleen -- which retained the S7 super car, S5 Raptor and paint operations in the deal with MJ Acquisitions -- has reportedly announced that all operations within the company have now completely ceased, and that it no longer has any money to honor warranty claims on any products or vehicles. As a result, owners of Saleen products and vehicles with existing warranty coverage have been left holding the bag, including Saleen dealers who now have brand-new Saleen vehicles on showroom floors with no warranty coverage to back them up.

The folks over at the Saleen Owners and Enthusiast Club (SOEC) were the first to break the story, as no official press statements have surfaced from MJ Acquisitions or Saleen, Inc. on the subject. Some of the forum members are already talking class action lawsuit, as no mention of a bankruptcy filing by Saleen, Inc. has been mentioned from any source. Between MJA's purchases and the sale of various items like company vehicles and office equipment, many Saleen enthusiasts are asking where all the money went.

MJA says it will continue to offer replacement parts to dealers at a discounted rate, and the company will honor a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty on eligible parts sold after February 2, 2009.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Here is the deal on warranty's: (Please note the items in bold and you will see that if you purchase a Saleen SC today that you will get a warranty)

In a letter sent to existing Saleen dealers, MJA announced that they would not be responsible for warranty costs or coverage belonging to Saleen, Inc. prior to February 2, 2009, the official date of MJA's purchase. According to the letter, all warranty issues on parts prior to that date as well as all vehicle warranties -- regardless of purchase date -- remain in the hands of Saleen, Inc.

Meanwhile, Saleen -- which retained the S7 super car, S5 Raptor and paint operations in the deal with MJ Acquisitions -- has reportedly announced that all operations within the company have now completely ceased, and that it no longer has any money to honor warranty claims on any products or vehicles. As a result, owners of Saleen products and vehicles with existing warranty coverage have been left holding the bag, including Saleen dealers who now have brand-new Saleen vehicles on showroom floors with no warranty coverage to back them up.

The folks over at the Saleen Owners and Enthusiast Club (SOEC) were the first to break the story, as no official press statements have surfaced from MJ Acquisitions or Saleen, Inc. on the subject. Some of the forum members are already talking class action lawsuit, as no mention of a bankruptcy filing by Saleen, Inc. has been mentioned from any source. Between MJA's purchases and the sale of various items like company vehicles and office equipment, many Saleen enthusiasts are asking where all the money went.

MJA says it will continue to offer replacement parts to dealers at a discounted rate, and the company will honor a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty on eligible parts sold after February 2, 2009.
That sucks! Well no Saleen SC for me!

Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger on a Saleen SC