MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   I'm committed to getting blown now! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/526528-im-committed-to-getting-blown-now.html)

blk05stang 03-24-2009 06:56 PM

I'm committed to getting blown now!

I ordered my gauges today that will compliment my Saleen twin screw supercharger which will hopefully be installed by the end of May. I'm going to drive down and have Brenspeed do the install and chill in their guest house. They're only like a 2 hour drive from me which is sweet.

I think I'm going for the stage 3 setup while running a stage 2 3.6 pulley, that way I can upgrade easily to more power later on if I want with a simple pulley/tune swap. If I can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley I will be happy with that.

Anyone know how much they will charge to install the 3 gauges for me as well? I got an Innovate Wideband A/F kit, a 30PSI Boost/vacuum gauge, and a 100PSI electric fuel pressure gauge.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is if I should be considering a clutch upgrade right now as well. Will the stock clutch be slipping a lot you think? My car has 30000 miles. I know it will have to be done eventually regardless.

While at Brenspeed, I will be taking some sweet HD video of their shop and hopefully some of the install & dyno pulls as well. Definitely the results will be captured in HD. Man I can't wait to be blown! :)

moosestang 03-24-2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by blk05stang (Post 6054754)
I ordered my gauges today that will compliment my Saleen twin screw supercharger which will hopefully be installed by the end of May. I'm going to drive down and have Brenspeed do the install and chill in their guest house. They're only like a 2 hour drive from me which is sweet.

I think I'm going for the stage 3 setup while running a stage 2 3.6 pulley, that way I can upgrade easily to more power later on if I want with a simple pulley/tune swap. If I can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley I will be happy with that.

Anyone know how much they will charge to install the 3 gauges for me as well? I got an Innovate Wideband A/F kit, a 30PSI Boost/vacuum gauge, and a 100PSI electric fuel pressure gauge.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is if I should be considering a clutch upgrade right now as well. Will the stock clutch be slipping a lot you think? My car has 30000 miles. I know it will have to be done eventually regardless.

While at Brenspeed, I will be taking some sweet HD video of their shop and hopefully some of the install & dyno pulls as well. Definitely the results will be captured in HD. Man I can't wait to be blown! :)

I'd invest in some lca's and relocation brackets if you haven't all ready. I'm sure you can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley.

Brenspeed has a sweet setup. I wish someone was installing my blower while I chilled in their guest house.

loots06 03-24-2009 07:28 PM

Congrats, your officially going to get screwed. No, i dont mean that your gonna take it in the poopper!

blk05stang 03-24-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by moosestang (Post 6054820)
I'd invest in some lca's and relocation brackets if you haven't all ready. I'm sure you can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley.

Brenspeed has a sweet setup. I wish someone was installing my blower while I chilled in their guest house.

Yeah I will definitely upgrade the LCA's at the least along with some nice fat DR's.

Did you install that Spec clutch along with the whipple or did you try using the stocker for a while? How did it hold out if you did?

dschmink 03-24-2009 08:44 PM

HAHAHA, that title was great. Sounds like a typical weekend

shanec 03-24-2009 08:44 PM

What's the vacuum line kit that Brenspeed talks about in their Saleen packages? I haven't seen that product anywhere.

modaddict 03-24-2009 09:27 PM

Don't half-ass the suspension or you will regret it. Just do it right while it's there.

In addition to LCA - get a good upper, a panhard bar, and some better shocks back there at the least.

Black GT 03-24-2009 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by shanec (Post 6055096)
What's the vacuum line kit that Brenspeed talks about in their Saleen packages? I haven't seen that product anywhere.

The vacuum line is routed slightly differently than shown in the Saleen installation manual.

http://saleenforums.soec.org/attachm...1&d=1232007657

Mudflap 03-25-2009 12:11 AM

I installed my gauges about 6 weeks before the SC went in, so I had committed as well. I had a boost gauge that just never went over zero. :)

mygt500 03-25-2009 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 6055875)
I installed my gauges about 6 weeks before the SC went in, so I had committed as well. I had a boost gauge that just never went over zero. :)

LOL -that was just funny.....look at you now!!!!!!!!!:D