Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm committed to getting blown now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

Default I'm committed to getting blown now!

I ordered my gauges today that will compliment my Saleen twin screw supercharger which will hopefully be installed by the end of May. I'm going to drive down and have Brenspeed do the install and chill in their guest house. They're only like a 2 hour drive from me which is sweet.

I think I'm going for the stage 3 setup while running a stage 2 3.6 pulley, that way I can upgrade easily to more power later on if I want with a simple pulley/tune swap. If I can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley I will be happy with that.

Anyone know how much they will charge to install the 3 gauges for me as well? I got an Innovate Wideband A/F kit, a 30PSI Boost/vacuum gauge, and a 100PSI electric fuel pressure gauge.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is if I should be considering a clutch upgrade right now as well. Will the stock clutch be slipping a lot you think? My car has 30000 miles. I know it will have to be done eventually regardless.

While at Brenspeed, I will be taking some sweet HD video of their shop and hopefully some of the install & dyno pulls as well. Definitely the results will be captured in HD. Man I can't wait to be blown!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blk05stang
I ordered my gauges today that will compliment my Saleen twin screw supercharger which will hopefully be installed by the end of May. I'm going to drive down and have Brenspeed do the install and chill in their guest house. They're only like a 2 hour drive from me which is sweet.

I think I'm going for the stage 3 setup while running a stage 2 3.6 pulley, that way I can upgrade easily to more power later on if I want with a simple pulley/tune swap. If I can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley I will be happy with that.

Anyone know how much they will charge to install the 3 gauges for me as well? I got an Innovate Wideband A/F kit, a 30PSI Boost/vacuum gauge, and a 100PSI electric fuel pressure gauge.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is if I should be considering a clutch upgrade right now as well. Will the stock clutch be slipping a lot you think? My car has 30000 miles. I know it will have to be done eventually regardless.

While at Brenspeed, I will be taking some sweet HD video of their shop and hopefully some of the install & dyno pulls as well. Definitely the results will be captured in HD. Man I can't wait to be blown!
I'd invest in some lca's and relocation brackets if you haven't all ready. I'm sure you can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley.

Brenspeed has a sweet setup. I wish someone was installing my blower while I chilled in their guest house.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Congrats, your officially going to get screwed. No, i dont mean that your gonna take it in the poopper!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I'd invest in some lca's and relocation brackets if you haven't all ready. I'm sure you can hit 11's with the 3.6 pulley.

Brenspeed has a sweet setup. I wish someone was installing my blower while I chilled in their guest house.
Yeah I will definitely upgrade the LCA's at the least along with some nice fat DR's.

Did you install that Spec clutch along with the whipple or did you try using the stocker for a while? How did it hold out if you did?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

HAHAHA, that title was great. Sounds like a typical weekend
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

What's the vacuum line kit that Brenspeed talks about in their Saleen packages? I haven't seen that product anywhere.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Don't half-*** the suspension or you will regret it. Just do it right while it's there.

In addition to LCA - get a good upper, a panhard bar, and some better shocks back there at the least.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
What's the vacuum line kit that Brenspeed talks about in their Saleen packages? I haven't seen that product anywhere.
The vacuum line is routed slightly differently than shown in the Saleen installation manual.

Last edited by Black GT; 03-24-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I installed my gauges about 6 weeks before the SC went in, so I had committed as well. I had a boost gauge that just never went over zero.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I installed my gauges about 6 weeks before the SC went in, so I had committed as well. I had a boost gauge that just never went over zero.
LOL -that was just funny.....look at you now!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: I'm committed to getting blown now!