Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 11:58 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault

Hey guys,

Just picked up my car from the stealership service center after getting my A/C system checked out. Car was down for no more than a few hours. Upon picking it up, nothing was out of the ordinary. Drove it approximately 30 minutes (10 miles or so in traffic), back to the house.

At arrival, I disconnected the battery and put my Steeda CAI back on, then tightened the negative terminal again. I loaded up my Brenspeed tune and when I turned it on, got the TPMS "Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault" error on my info center. I can turn off the message by doing a reset, but it still shows a ( ! ) light on my panel.

I've tried resetting to stock, didn't work. I've tried resetting the tune, didn't work. I've checked all my tires, air pressure is good. Does anyone have any idea why this may be occuring? And how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeremeh
Hey guys,

Just picked up my car from the stealership service center after getting my A/C system checked out. Car was down for no more than a few hours. Upon picking it up, nothing was out of the ordinary. Drove it approximately 30 minutes (10 miles or so in traffic), back to the house.

At arrival, I disconnected the battery and put my Steeda CAI back on, then tightened the negative terminal again. I loaded up my Brenspeed tune and when I turned it on, got the TPMS "Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault" error on my info center. I can turn off the message by doing a reset, but it still shows a ( ! ) light on my panel.

I've tried resetting to stock, didn't work. I've tried resetting the tune, didn't work. I've checked all my tires, air pressure is good. Does anyone have any idea why this may be occuring? And how to fix it?

Thanks!
You may have to reset the TPMS system by recalibrating all the tires again with the tool.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The sensors may need to be retrained. I'd reload your custom tune and install your CAI, then drive it for a day. If it doesn't go away, stop by the dealership. They can do it in 3 minutes. BTW, they don't need to pop the hood but don't sweat it anyway. My dealership doesn't give a rats azz about my CAI & tune and if they did, we'd be toe-to-toe.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Smooth_J
You may have to reset the TPMS system by recalibrating all the tires again with the tool.
+1,Yup! Check the dealership for a reset tool,runs about $30.00.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Well, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then connected it up again, reloaded tune, and drove around the block.. didn't come back on. Few more starts, still nothing, so fingers are crossed.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Well, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, then connected it up again, reloaded tune, and drove around the block.. didn't come back on. Few more starts, still nothing, so fingers are crossed.
That happened to me one time as well. The night I loaded the tune the light came on and I received that warning. The next day it was fine...odd :P
Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Once it took about 20 miles and it came back on. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 AM
ZERO4572003
1st Gear Member

Hope it works out for u...
Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

My TPMS sensor goes off and on so many times that if I ever did have low pressure in my tires, I'd probably just thing the sensor was jacked up again.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT
My TPMS sensor goes off and on so many times that if I ever did have low pressure in my tires, I'd probably just thing the sensor was jacked up again.
In your case, I'd check my pressure in all your tires and verify it on another gauge. Your intermittent TPMS fault isn't right and you need to eliminate the possibility that you have a tire that's has borderline pressure. You're too far south for temperature change to play a big factor. That's a nuisance you shouldn't be dealing with.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault