Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Dual Stripe paint poll
as the KR hood is done from shelby
27.78%
paint stripes all the way down the hood
72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Painting the Stripes on Trufiber Venom hood...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default Painting the Stripes on Trufiber Venom hood...need advice

Ok....the short of it is this. The car, new front end and hood are at the painters right now getting ready for install. I am having dual 10" white stripes painted as well . The dual, 10" stripes I am absolutely positive I am going to do, so no debate about that. The debate instead is this: I have told the painter to NOT paint the stripes on the extreme nose of the hood ala as the shelby KR has it done in the picture below. Unfortunately, I am having sudden doubts and wondering if I should paint it the entire way. I dont have a shelby and really dont ever intend on putting the 'S H E L B Y" lettering like the pic has either, so I'm wondering if it will look dumb just 'plain'. I am curious how you all would do it. I probably have till late in the day tomorrow or early Friday before I am at the 'no return' point, though I really feel like I need to decide for 100% tonite.

What would you all do?? I have never seen a blue mustang with white stripes with the Trufiber hood where the stripes go over the ENTIRE hood so thats part of the problem (though I like the idea that mine will be one of, if not the, first).

opinions?? I tried to put a poll, one vote for as the pic shows, verses one vote for full hood paint, but cant figure out how. sorry.

Opinions on painting it completely or just the nose appreciated.

Andretti
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well, with no lettering, I'd go with paint all the way.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I was going to say the exact same thing but Pascal beat me to it.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ask if he can fade the white out as it goes into the vents and obviously it will pick up solid on top of the vents. I think that would look real nice.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Bryan,

As Pascal said, since you have no intentions of putting the "Shelby" lettering on the nose of the car, I'd paint the complete hood...I think it'll look really nice.

FWIW, when I was considering painting the black Super Snake stripe on my car, I would have painted it the exact same way...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Ask if he can fade the white out as it goes into the vents and obviously it will pick up solid on top of the vents. I think that would look real nice.
the stripes actually WILL go through the vents (if you were asking whether they were or not)...they will be a consistent 10" all the way, vents or not. If thats not what you ment, I dont think I follow.

Andretti
Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

same thing pascal said..
Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I'm getting the idea that without stripes on the nose (and no lettering), it kinda suggests something is missing? Does that kidna mean what you all are thinking?

I dont wanna get into a debate over the whole 'badgeing' issue, but lets say I do over time end up going to where its more and more up to par with a 'shelby mustang' (all that he puts on his official cars parts wise) and then decide to go ahead and put the letters there. Do you all think it would look bad with the stripes already in place and lettering over it?

I'm getting wishy washy I know...but I'm trying to 'explore' all the options.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti; 03-26-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
I'm getting the idea that without stripes on the nose (and no lettering), it kinda suggests something is missing? Does that kidna mean what you all are thinking?

I dont wanna get into a debate over the whole 'badgeing' issue, but lets say I do over time end up going to where its more and more up to par with a 'shelby mustang' (all that he puts on his official cars parts wise) and then decide to go ahead and put the letters there. Do you all think it would look bad with the stripes already in place and lettering over it?

I'm getting wishy washy I know...but I'm trying to 'explore' all the options.

Andretti
exactly.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

By the way, here is the hood....first ones while it was still being worked on (hopefully this doesnt get pascal cringing too much) and as it was this morning sitting in the paint booth drying and me with nose pressed up against the glass like my 7 y/o would do. Paint tomorrow if not already by the end of today.

Andretti

Quick Reply: Painting the Stripes on Trufiber Venom hood...need advice