Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Approved Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 AM
davidmphotosc

Talking Wife Approved Upgrades

Ok, so I just recently purchased a 2005 GT Vert, and I love it. I want to do some upgrades, nothing too crazy, but a few things to make my car just a bit better. Of course, in the current economic condition, all major purchases must be approved by both parties, which means I need to get anything over about $100 approved by the wife. So I need some help. My theory is that anything that I can label "raises my MPG" will probably get approved so here is where you all come in.

What upgrades have you done that have made an improvement in your fuel effeciency and how much have you seen?

CAR GUYS EVERYWHERE...HELP A BROTHER OUT!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

My CAI & tune increased my fuel mileage by 37.895%

My quarter window louvers increased my fuel mileage by 14.45%

My wider wheels and new tires increased my fuel mileage by 65.83%

My rear window louvers increased my fuel mileage by 22.104%

I now get upwards of 76.7 MPG. Would I lie?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

this has been posted many times before.. the CAI+Tune can get you a mile or 2 better mpg..you might be ablet to also claim the CMPDs and UDPs do.. heck.. tell her the Forced Induction means you need less gas because more air is being pushed in so you can get a turbo or a super charger.. gears you cant get away with.. some suspension.. hmm i can't imagine any way to convince someone suspension will help..
Old 04-01-2009, 11:36 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Brother, they are not dumb. They are very smart and sneaky. A "CONSULTATION NEEDED" really means, Tit for Tat. You are in the same boat as I was 2 years ago. I kissed alot of a$$ to buy the car, got her Lowenharts on "the Mercedes I bought for her. Now got her an Expedition Limited all decked out. I just bought her the S331 Saleen 23's in black powdercoat for her truck. The moral of the story here is you need to dress her and her accessories up along the way so when you need yours, it will be OK. Space them out and dont get her stuff when you want to get you stuff. This way you show yourself to be a class act and really set in a guilt feeling in her to not say NO.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Take out your back seat for weight savings to also show her you have done stuff to raise MPG without even costing you money so when you do spend money, its more justifiable.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Suspension upgrades are good for 29-33 MPG...
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

just tell her "it's my money, i'm the man, i bust my *** at work for it so i'm spending it however the hell i want" and let us know how that works for you. i've been wanting to use the same excuse for my girl but wanted to see how it works with other guys before i try it
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Brother, they are not dumb. They are very smart and sneaky. A "CONSULTATION NEEDED" really means, Tit for Tat. You are in the same boat as I was 2 years ago. I kissed alot of a$$ to buy the car, got her Lowenharts on "the Mercedes I bought for her. Now got her an Expedition Limited all decked out. I just bought her the S331 Saleen 23's in black powdercoat for her truck. The moral of the story here is you need to dress her and her accessories up along the way so when you need yours, it will be OK. Space them out and dont get her stuff when you want to get you stuff. This way you show yourself to be a class act and really set in a guilt feeling in her to not say NO.
+1 that should work well on a normal wife...

if your wife is pure evil.. then it doesn't matter.. everything is hers, your money is hers, you pay the bills and I get all the left over paycheck to do with as I please or life with(or without) her will be hell.. and yes.. there are some out there like that..
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Shelby_Daytona
2nd Gear Member

Jeeze - I got engaged at Christmas, I currently have somewhere around $7K worth of stuff on order for when the snow is all gone, Foose Wheels, Nitto Tires, Bassani X-pipe, Lowering Springs, Panhard Bar, LCA's, a Lightbar, Shifter, 3.73s, etc.. should I be obtaining my female companions approval prior to ordering? Hmm.. I think she knows something is on order but hasn't asked what yet... figure I better do it before I tie the knot... supercharger is next.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
RuNBabYRun09
1st Gear Member

lolz... Guys are scared of the wifes! HAHA

I spent 800 yesterday on my car, instead of going shopping....

Quick Reply: Wife Approved Upgrades