MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   My GT500 conversion......DONE!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/528406-my-gt500-conversion-done.html)

killdar 04-02-2009 01:04 AM

looks great

suttanstyle 04-02-2009 01:14 AM

WOW very nice! I'm sure all of us w/out GT500 front wish we could have that!

I'm not exactly a fan of those wheels, but a lot of people would disagree.

VictoriaRR 04-02-2009 02:54 AM

Wow... my jaw just hit the floor because of how hot that looks. I noticed you left off the chin spoiler... presumably because it's black and doesn't technically match the car's lines, right? I'll bet if you painted it blue it would look dead awesome.

MustangGT0405 04-02-2009 08:36 AM

Looks great, I love the GT-500 front end.

StickShifty 04-02-2009 09:24 AM

that looks awesome!!! nice job!

ICIBUY 04-02-2009 09:39 AM

DAMN!! That is freakin awesome! I gotta ask... aprrox how much does the GT500 front end conversion with the hood cost? With paint and everything?

Andretti 04-02-2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by VictoriaRR (Post 6080316)
Wow... my jaw just hit the floor because of how hot that looks. I noticed you left off the chin spoiler... presumably because it's black and doesn't technically match the car's lines, right? I'll bet if you painted it blue it would look dead awesome.

Actually no, I do plan on putting it on. I was just lacking the right bolts to do it. I did consider painting it blue and striping it to match the car, but I did some searching around and found that it seemed like most who painted those had a huge problem with the getting nicked and chipped by all the road conditions and the parking space cement deals. In the end, while I really like how the painted ones look, I wont be painting mine. I will just put it on black and call it a day. To be honest, I was use to being able to see the end of the hood to while driving. Now, with this hood, for me, it isnt possible. So, I'm afraid I might damage a painted splitter pulling into a parking spot or something, so I'm just gonna stay away from painting it. I guess this way, if I actually do bump into something with the splitter, it wont show as obviously as it would if it was painted. /shrug

Andretti

CutterWolf 04-02-2009 09:52 AM

I would suggest you start backing into parking spaces from now on ;) Once you lower the car you won't ever want to put it into a parking space with out backing it in so start doing it now.

Javdog 04-02-2009 10:05 AM

Your conversion looks fantastic good job def. worth the wait, enjoy your new toy and yes be carefull when parking those damn curbs will kill your front end.

Andretti 04-02-2009 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ICIBUY (Post 6080761)
DAMN!! That is freakin awesome! I gotta ask... aprrox how much does the GT500 front end conversion with the hood cost? With paint and everything?

I got all my stuff kinda spread out, but here is what I do vaugely remember.

The GT500 front end...EVERYTHING (headlights, fogs, bumper, etc) needed to make the conversion was around $1400 delivered ( I got mine through a guy named Steve Powell who works in a Ford dealership parts dept in Minnesota who was recommended to me by another guy here on the site). He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Another person who helps with this conversion is Kevin Casey. He works out of the Ford dealership parts dept in California. I dont know about Steve, since I got my hood another way, but I do know for a fact that not only can steve get you a great deal on parts for the conversion, he can get the hood as well so you could get it all from one place. From what I've seen over the months on this site, Kevin has helped many do the conversion and every time managed to get a very nice fitting and undamaged hood to the purchaser time and time again. Kevin has helped me numerous times since I purchased my stuff to get some other things that I decided I wanted or needed for different car projects and honestly, between Steve and Kevin, you cannot go wronge.

The hood, I got through a buddy on another mustang site. He ended up with two (he sent Trufiber his original Mustang hood to be used as an aid to help them develop the Venom hood as a few others did as well). He received one hood not long after and used it, but got a great offer on his car so he chose to sell it. About six months later, another hood appeared at his doorstep. He intended to keep it, but didnt have a mustang to put it on. When he started having issues with a new home he was building, he decided to sell it, and I just happened to be the guy who inquired about it first. I got it for $900 (at the time, that is the cost that Phil at Trufiber said anyone buying one would pay with shipping).

Paint for the front end, blending fenders, prep on hood and paint, and then striping the entire car with a clearcoat over the stripes was $2390.

I spred it out over almost 5 months since I knew I was parking the car over the winter anyway. I got the hood right before thanksgiving last year, all the GT500 conversion parts maybe a week or so into November, but obviously the painter just got done two days ago. Of course, the question is have the prices gone up since then. I'd just call Keven or Steve and see what you can find out.

Andretti