Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLEAR BRA / ARE YOU SATISFIED ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 PM
302me
2nd Gear Member

I'm seriously considering getting something for the front bumper and chin spoiler. 60 round trip miles on the turnpike to Philadelphia everyday is putting some serious wear and tear on the two. How noticeable is the film after it's put on? Any chance you can post some pictures on how it looks?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Real Sniper
Admin's Snitch

Mine was put on by the dealer and looks/works great. I even have a windshield protector on mine.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 AM
mike_kinda
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I'll get it done next week.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:25 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302me
I'm seriously considering getting something for the front bumper and chin spoiler. 60 round trip miles on the turnpike to Philadelphia everyday is putting some serious wear and tear on the two. How noticeable is the film after it's put on? Any chance you can post some pictures on how it looks?
LOL!!...I wish I could, but you'd never see it.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:33 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mike_kinda
Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I'll get it done next week.
good luck, and make sure the installer throroughly cleans the car before installing the bra!!! anything left on the car will be seen through the bra, and depending on how good the installer is, they may or may not be able to come back at a later time to get the debris out...that's sort of what happened to me, but my installer was awesome, he could come back and perfectly "unpeal" the bra and clean the spots that I found and lay it back down with no signs of anything...trust me, I was very picky and my installer was very patient, which earned my respect and any future business. heck, I would call him up with a concern and as soon as he would get off work he'd come straight over to my house.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

I'm very happy with mine and I'm 100% with the installer advice. This product is ONLY AS GOOD AS THE INSTALL JOB. Check around, get references, ask questions, and don't be afraid to say it isn't good enough and to fix it. I went to a shop that did a lot of cars, had pictures, and a good reputation and I wasn't happy with the job at first. The guy re-did some areas while I watched and let me tell you, he was right when he said the s197 is one of the toughest cars to do - he really worked to get it right.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

as far as seeing it...the only thing noticeable is the line that runs across the hood about a foot up. My experience is that some people hate it, some don't care. Personally, I'll take the line over paint chips any day.

I have it on my whole bumper -top to bottom, the front of the hood, the fenders, the rockers, the side mirrors, and behind the rear wheels.

After my installer realized how **** I was, he told me this - paraphrasing obviously - This stuff is not perfect. It is a manufactured product which can have imperfections that are sometimes noticeable. It's also not impervious to damage - it's not armour - it will mark and possibly dent a little depending on what hits it. What this product is for is to protect your investment - a car without paint chips and markings all over the front is worth more than one that does. As far as installation is concerned, we do our best to install it to the best of our ability but even then there can be small bubbles or creases, especially on body pieces like the s197 has. We try to make it perfect but sometimes we can't.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
302me
2nd Gear Member

After seeing the damage my chin spoiler has seen, and now it has to be repainted, this is the perfect investment. Thanks to the OP for posting and giving me the idea.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

i need to get one of these to. lately ive heard alot more small rocks hittin my winsheild, obviously my facia gets more rocks
Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Default Clear bra

Originally Posted by 302me
My car is black, so the film lines show white. I have had many comments on "the cool outlines" on the car. I like the look, but thats just me...but that is all that is important isnt it??..that I like it.

Quick Reply: CLEAR BRA / ARE YOU SATISFIED ?