Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIC REQUEST: H&R RACE Springs on 18s or Roush Stage 3 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Must just be the pic. The rear is 1/4'' higher than the front measured from ground to top of wheel well. I'll take some more this afternoon from different angles and w/o so much sun/shade. Throws it off I guess. The rears are also 305/35 drag radials so they fill the opening a bit more.

Originally Posted by thedrod
is it the surface you were on, or is the rear lower than the front.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 04-06-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
The rears are also 305/35 drag radials so they fill the opening a bit more.
Ah thats what was throwing me off....I was only looking at wheel gap. Nice look!

Now in your honest opinion...and (wicked stang too)

I am 31....I am by no means "old"....that being said....

Are these springs livable on a daily driver? I drive on a nice smooth highway every day to work and occasionally attack the average speedbump.

When you guys change lanes on the highway do the little reflectors rattle the car?
Does your interior develop new noises?

I want a solid feel in turns.

I drove my friends car with Tokico Blue shocks, Eibach Pros, and 20inch wheels and it still didn't feel firm enough.

Anything you guys can say to describe the "harshness" or whatever of these springs would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

anyone running the Mid Muffler system with the race springs or the super sports expericing SUPER low clearance.. I have a set of Super Sports just chilling in my garage but im afraid they will scrap everything ! (i have the Steeda UL right now there a 1" all they way around)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

The H&R races are pretty damn stiff. It's hard to say whether I'll keep them on. I need a bump steer kit bad now. The front end is so low/stiff that it get's pushed around and prior to the rear LCA relocation brackets the rear springs were just unbearable IMO. The rear LCA brackets really smoothed out the rear substantially. These springs are about the limit I could withstand. I don't see how these guys go any lower, the one speedbump I've had to go over I scraped on, although I wasn't really prepared and didn't slow down that much. I'm sure I'll encounter more of them very soon . I'm already rethinking many of my regular routes and steering clear of rougher ones.

I think I'd be pretty happy with this setup and a bumpsteer kit. We'll see...

The steeda comp springs had the perfect balance of handling and ride but just weren't low enough for me. The H&R's are low enough but a "bit" too stiff. I'd probably think the Eibach pro's were too soft. maybe I'll try some vogtlands lol.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 04-06-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
anyone running the Mid Muffler system with the race springs or the super sports expericing SUPER low clearance.. I have a set of Super Sports just chilling in my garage but im afraid they will scrap everything ! (i have the Steeda UL right now there a 1" all they way around)
whtcanbrwnd04u, that posted earlier in this thread has Eibach Sportlines on his car, similar to a Super Sport drop...and he told me his stock midpipe is 4 inches from the ground.

So I would imagine the mid muff system might get left behind one day you took a bump to hard.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Great, now my exhaust system is going to be ripped off!!?? That does it, I'm taking this thing back to stock lol. (I HAVE actually contemplated it many times)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:52 PM
wicked stang
2nd Gear Member

I think the ride is great on the race springs. I drive on some rough roads daily because there is road construction in my area and i go over speed bumps daily at school. I think you should be fine. you feel the reflectors on the highway alot but it is a solid feeling not a jarring one and there are no new noises. btw, i also have the pypes mid mufflers. when i first installed them they scraped all over but after i aligned everything up real good. and after i tied the hangers by the x pipe up with metal tie wire, i have no hanger brackets on my crossmember because its an 08, nothing scrapes at all and i can make it up my drive way which is very steep and i never scrape anymore.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wicked stang
I think the ride is great on the race springs. I drive on some rough roads daily because there is road construction in my area and i go over speed bumps daily at school. I think you should be fine. you feel the reflectors on the highway alot but it is a solid feeling not a jarring one and there are no new noises. btw, i also have the pypes mid mufflers. when i first installed them they scraped all over but after i aligned everything up real good. and after i tied the hangers by the x pipe up with metal tie wire, i have no hanger brackets on my crossmember because its an 08, nothing scrapes at all and i can make it up my drive way which is very steep and i never scrape anymore.
Wicked, your car does not look as low as Rubrignitz....maybe its the stock wheels? You have stock tire size too? I have stock tires and wheels...I really like the way the stockers look. In fact I wish I could find somebody that could "Widen" these wheels so I could keep a sleeper look.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 AM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

heres the h and r on 18's, i got a gt bumper, il take some new pics later.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by samv1368
heres the h and r on 18's,
Looks nice....and what do you think of the ride?

Also what size tires you running?

Quick Reply: PIC REQUEST: H&R RACE Springs on 18s or Roush Stage 3 Kit