MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   just put the tune in... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/529394-just-put-the-tune-in.html)

rly_stupid 04-06-2009 01:02 PM

just put the tune in...

i gotta say i'm really not that impressed. 89 oct is in there right now and i can't feel a big difference. maybe it's the cai? it's a bbk cai and when you read their description it says it doesn't need a tune so maybe? i've heard a tune is supposed to be like night and day though and a lot of people on here have one. this is from brenspeed too...

Nuke 04-06-2009 01:22 PM

Unless you romped on it good just before the install and then after, the difference may not be as noticeable. And if you don't really get on it, period, you probably shouldn't have bought the CAI & tune. I doubt the CAI itself would cause any "seat-of-the-pants" difference since the tune is about 80% of the power add anyway.

Whose tunes did you get? Bama and Brenspeed custom tunes, for example, are much better than the AM and other canned tunes.

Riptide 04-06-2009 01:24 PM

Manual or auto?

Auto drivers notice a bigger difference.

Mudflap 04-06-2009 01:26 PM

The difference on my 09 manual was very subtle. The difference on my 07 automatic on the other hand, was dramatic. I also wasn't real impressed with the CAI/tune on the manual...

Riptide 04-06-2009 01:31 PM

That was experience too. Mishri let me drive his auto and it was more obvious. The car had clearly changed because the shifts were so much harsher.

Where I noticed a bit of a difference with the manual was in the throttle response. It just felt snappier. Like there was a bit less throttle lag in the car. But it wasn't like OMG pushed back into the seat way harder now difference. Very subtle.

kpaulhus 04-06-2009 01:34 PM

I bought an 87 tune from VMP Tuning and I deffffff noticed a difference right at 3k rpm. I have a manual also.

acascianelli 04-06-2009 01:35 PM

What kind of a difference were you expecting?

rly_stupid 04-06-2009 01:38 PM

from brenspeed it's a manual

and yeah i get on it quite a bit

i'll get on it when it stops raining and see. i've read it was like night and day like i said. maybe i shouldn't?

Riptide 04-06-2009 01:39 PM

I know a lot of people talk the intake and tune up here on this forum and say it's "like a whole new car". When you hear things like that and "night and day difference" then it pumps up people's expectations pretty high.

With a manual you don't have that added differential of the harder shifts. That is such an obvious difference that you don't get. Autos shift hard enough with the tune they chirp the tires every time. It really is night/day with them.

rly_stupid 04-06-2009 01:54 PM

i see, well looks like it's cleared up outside...i'll go hit the pavement