Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street legal

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
dodger5
1st Gear Member

Default street legal

i want to give my mustang the most hosepower while its street legal i live in cali and dont want any ilegal parts in my car at least not one that u can tell by looking at the car. lol i got an 06 mustang gt 5 speed. pulleys thottle body headers pipes exhast, intake systems and superchargers etc thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:05 PM
dodger5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dodger5
i want to give my mustang the most hosepower while its street legal i live in cali and dont want any ilegal parts in my car at least not one that u can tell by looking at the car. lol i got an 06 mustang gt 5 speed. pulleys thottle body headers pipes exhast, intake systems and superchargers etc thanks.
I forgot turbos too
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

There are a number of supercharger kits out that are CARB legal. If you're going FI forget about the pulleys. If you really want a throttle body (kind of a waste), get the GT500 TB. Since long tubes are out of the question here in CA, get yourself a set of CARB certified shorty headers (JBA, BBK, Edelbrock). For exhaust you can pick up a good catback or axelback, there are number of good ones out there, I'm partial to my Borla's though
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
dodger5
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Sleep Deprived;6092703]There are a number of supercharger kits out that are CARB legal. If you're going FI forget about the pulleys. If you really want a throttle body (kind of a waste), get the GT500 TB. Since long tubes are out of the question here in CA, get yourself a set of CARB certified shorty headers (JBA, BBK, Edelbrock). For exhaust you can pick up a good catback or axelback, there are number of good ones out there, I'm partial to my Borla's though [/

thanks a lot man what does FI mean lol and i want the most hosepower with out blowing the motor i use the car to work every day lol
Old 04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

FI = Forced Induction (Supercharger, Turbo). Stay at ~450RWHP or under and you'll be ok. Anything higher than that and your motor is on borrowed time...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I will be moving to cali. I have Kooks LTs and hi flow cats. Do I need to have the car emissions tested and will it pass?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
ImpulseCars
Banned

gears are always good too, will certainly keep you legal.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:24 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UrS4
I will be moving to cali. I have Kooks LTs and hi flow cats. Do I need to have the car emissions tested and will it pass?
If you register the car in CA you must have it smogged in CA. and you will not pass with longtubes. Leave it registered in your state if possible, pay 250$ for an illegal smog, or put it back to stock for the smog but considering how much of PITA headers are on that car. I wouldn't go with the 3rd option.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
dodger5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ImpulseCars
gears are always good too, will certainly keep you legal.
Hey i dont want to lose to much mpg so what gears are good and why whats the best to have i drive my car to work mon thu friday. what gears are best ?
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

The MPG difference is negligible, but gears will make a huge difference! I have 4.10s and love them!

Quick Reply: street legal