Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of steeda ultralights before & after

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Default Pics of steeda ultralights before & after

I just got the car back from the shop this afternoon, and took a couple shots in the driveway. I got a few shots last night, but it was already getting dark and I was using the flash. I haven't taken a tape measure to it so I don't know the exact drop, but it looks pretty close to the advertised 1" in front and 1 1/4" in back. I only wish the front was about 1/4" higher.. I can't pull it into my storage unit now until I make some ramps to get up onto the slab.. it cleared by less than 1/2" before..
Here is a before shot from the driver side:

and here is an after shot:

Here is a shot of the front passenger wheel before:

and after:

The caliper paint I put on 2 weeks ago made a big difference too..
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Shelby_Daytona
2nd Gear Member

Awesome, I have a whole truckload of parts on order, including a set of Steeda Ultralights, its nice to see what they'll look like. Nice looking car!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Very nice looking car!! Even better lowered!!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Shelby_Daytona
2nd Gear Member

Are those 20's? And did you just use springs? I dont have shocks on order or anything, just the springs, panhard bar and LCA's.... how does it handle, compared to stock? What about ride quality?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

looks a lot better now. its perfect now.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
clentonz
1st Gear Member

Looks awesome! Do you mind if I ask what front bumper/facsia you have? Also, if you get a chance, do you think you could snap a few more pictures? I really like that setup
Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

Classy Ride! Very Nice
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelby_Daytona
Are those 20's? And did you just use springs? I dont have shocks on order or anything, just the springs, panhard bar and LCA's.... how does it handle, compared to stock? What about ride quality?
Just the springs. So far (less than twenty miles), ride quality is nearly identical. I do notice it's a little more bumpy, but it feels much more responsive. I can tell that the damping rate isn't quite right, and the bumps and debris on the road are transmitted a little more through the chassis.. I can feel it in the pedals and the steering wheel. The only thing I would like is to stiffen up the chassis a little.. the convertible is already a "flexy" platform, and with the slightly rougher ride, it seems like it's flexing all over the place. I did take a couple turns at around 30 mph that I normally wouldn't attempt in my truck at over 10, and it handled it great.. I am no track driver, so I couldn't tell you about understeer and oversteer.. just that I am happy with it.

I will order some camber bolts so I can get the camber adjusted.. with the 20" wheels it seems more noticeable that the fronts are a couple degrees off. The wheels are American Racing "Chrome Killers".

Looks awesome! Do you mind if I ask what front bumper/facsia you have? Also, if you get a chance, do you think you could snap a few more pictures? I really like that setup
Thanks! The front bumper is the Street Scene Gen 1, as is the sides and rear. There are more pics in my profile that I snapped a last night (before the springs). I will upload some more and post them when I get a chance.. This is the first break in the weather we have had, so rather than take pics, I drove and enjoyed.. It's gonna be cold for a couple more weeks yet..
Old 04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Looks really good. The springs and painted calipers tie in well.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Looks real good man... hopefully spring is around the corner for all of us...

Quick Reply: Pics of steeda ultralights before & after