Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outdoors Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Default Outdoors Car Cover

Hey gang,

I have to park my gal outside, so I have started to look around for a good cover for her. I have a bit of a realist approach.. of course, it's not going to be protected from hail and whatnot, but my main goals are to offer the protection needed to keep this car looking good for many many years (IE.. help with oxidation/dash cracking, etc.), and to cut down on the washing!!! Having a black car during pollen/leaf/rainy season is killing me! Pollen and leafs and dust seem to be protected by most covers, but there are very few that admit that it will cover it from rain. Has anyone had good experiences so far?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I have Brenspeeds car cover.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Check out the Stormproof Coverking Cover.

Stormproof->Coverking was overwhelmed after receiving test results of our latest design - Stormproof. The culmination of over a decade of material engineering, it has only recently been possible to manufacture the microscopic yarns which go into this advanced micro-fiber Custom Car Cover material. Only one textile mill in the world was able to meet Coverking's specifications - and although challenged by Coverking's design, the results are truly a triumph for car cover users! Stormproof is UNCOATED and UNTREATED this means that even after months or years of use, it will have the same properties! Stormproof feels more like an expensive golf jacket, yet is tested to be the MOST WATER RESISTANT and (because there are no coatings) the MOST BREATHABLE. You can't go wrong with Stormproof - available in gray, black, red, wine, and two tone combinations with black sides

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ers-p-379.html

Ken
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i have the covercraft evolution 4 cover. it cost about 150 from summit (different brand but same material). it has 4 layers, water resistant, UV protection, and soft inner layer to protect your paint. i've had 3 covers for my GT, and this one is the best by far. the covercraft NOAH material is very good as well. dont buy a cheap cover, bc it'll ruin your paint, get one w/ a soft inner layer especially if you park outside. the wind and movement of the cover will slowly wear on the paint and black is easy to see any imperfection. those 2 covers i mentioned are fitted and heavier w/ soft inner layer so it stays put better outside in the wind.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I have a california car cover, its the highest quality stuff you can get for protection. Its never wet after rains, nothing has gotten through it, my cats sleep on it and havent been able to scratch through it, though im pissed when they do decide to use my car as a bed!
It is not the most inexpensive thing out there i think my dad got it for 250-300, but it is worth it. Mine is made for the outdoors, but we also have two for the other two cars that he keeps in the garage. all in all we are very pleased with the performance and durability. I got a new front fascia, and it still can cover the whole car from nose to tail. Instead of washing it once a week i now wash it once every two weeks because pollen only gets on it when the cover is off. so thats my 2 cents, and i havent had any trouble so far.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Default car cover

I have the cover available from Ford, it is a Weathershield. It has a grommet for the antenna to go through, and has silk screened lettering and pony on it as well. My car stays clean and dry under it. I have a cable & lock to secure it. It has never blown completely off the car since i have had it, and it has been on during some incredible storms. Fits really well. Also has a clear vinyl area for the license plate to show through.
Attached Thumbnails Outdoors Car Cover-tmpphptlq086.jpg   Outdoors Car Cover-tmpphp9cimbo.jpg   Outdoors Car Cover-ctmpphplfdsqr.jpg   Outdoors Car Cover-tmpphp3o0lhb.jpg  

Last edited by Stndbck; 04-07-2009 at 04:51 PM.