Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Declaration. I love my GT.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:36 AM
StarBuck

Default Declaration. I love my GT.

OMG. This car is juuuust brilliant! It looks better in the flesh than it does in photos, feels very big and solid, is sooooo much more refined than my Corvette C5, is very nearly as quick as the corvette, and just **sounds** delicious! I haven't even turned on the stereo yet!

I'm smitten. I live in the UK, but have been exclusively driving US cars for about the last 6 years (3 Corvettes and a Hummer H2), but this is my favorite by qu...
Old 06-19-2005, 08:37 AM
StarBuck

Default RE: Declaration. I love my GT.

<sorry - just couldn't resist going for a quick drive...>

...quite some way.

Just someone please tell me it's not gonna start to fall apart or something - are they as well put together as they look? I never want it to change!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:38 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Starbuck, congratulations!!!! you even got the best color combination. I got mine back in October, 2004. I love my stang. Mine has been holding up pretty good (10,500 miles and about 20 passes in the track) No major issues. Enjoy your Pony!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StarBuck

OMG. This car is juuuust brilliant! It looks better in the flesh than it does in photos, feels very big and solid, is sooooo much more refined than my Corvette C5, is very nearly as quick as the corvette, and just **sounds** delicious! I haven't even turned on the stereo yet!

I'm smitten. I live in the UK, but have been exclusively driving US cars for about the last 6 years (3 Corvettes and a Hummer H2), but this is my favorite by qu...
Its cool that you love your new car but dont let it make you stupid.....How on earth is a stang more refined than a vette and nearly as quick???? thats crazy
Old 06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

Its cool that you love your new car but dont let it make you stupid.....How on earth is a stang more refined than a vette and nearly as quick???? thats crazy
[/quot

You know it doesn't make you stupid or crazy to prefer a Mustang to a Vette. I never have cared for Vettes. And believe me, I am not stupid and I am only a little crazy.

Kathy
Old 06-19-2005, 05:16 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

lol. hey MongrelMan, dont feel alone. i know a few guys with corvettes that are still sitting there scratching their heads wondering how in the world my stang is as quick as their vettes too...and refined??? until the c6, i have always thought the vette interiors were quite shabby and plain. you know what i tell those vette owners? including all my mods that put me into the mid-12's, i still havent invested as much into my car as them. in fact, i'm still about 12 grand ahead of them and i own one of the most desired cars in america right now
Old 06-19-2005, 08:56 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: MongrelMan

ORIGINAL: StarBuck

it's probaly a sh1tty LT1 vette.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:35 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racnnut

[/quot

You know it doesn't make you stupid or crazy to prefer a Mustang to a Vette. I never have cared for Vettes. And believe me, I am not stupid and I am only a little crazy.

Kathy
[/quote]

I didnt say he was stupid to prefer a mustang over a vette at all.... I said that it is a stupid to say that a stang is nearly as fast and more refined than a vette... the 05 has a solid rear axel and the stangs before that were attrocious handlers... how refined is that????
Old 06-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

[/quote]

I didnt say he was stupid to prefer a mustang over a vette at all.... I said that it is a stupid to say that a stang is nearly as fast and more refined than a vette... the 05 has a solid rear axel and the stangs before that were attrocious handlers... how refined is that????
[/quote]

Point conceded. I still woiuldn't trade my Mustang for any Vette made even it is faster than mine. IMO my Mustang is hands down better looking than any old Vette and tons of fun to drive!

Kathy
Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

Well... I'm not dissing the stang but I have to say this much .. just to keep you real

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

lol. hey MongrelMan, dont feel alone. i know a few guys with corvettes that are still sitting there scratching their heads wondering how in the world my stang is as quick as their vettes too...and refined??? until the c6, i have always thought the vette interiors were quite shabby and plain.
Wow.. thats a HUGE statement coming from a Mustang owner! Dont get me wrong, I think the vette interiors could use some improvement and I love the 05 mustang..... but its interior is certainly nothing to write home about; it is now only "tolerable" at best (with A LOT of room for improvement)..... and the mustangs before 05... whoa nelly, dont get me started on those.

you know what i tell those vette owners? including all my mods that put me into the mid-12's, i still havent invested as much into my car as them.
thats nice for the quarte mile... but what happenes when you take a run around the track??? thats where a true performance car really shines

.....and i own one of the most desired cars in america right now
Whats the demographic of all these people that desire the Mustang??..... MsDonald's is highly desired by a large number of unhealthy and or out of shape people... does that make it good?

Quick Reply: Declaration. I love my GT.