Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you like my car??

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Next time, this might come in a bit handy

Have you been in OT lately Joe?
Lol, good one.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

IMO All that chrome(especially the stick on fender vents) is just really tacky.

Curious is it V6?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I'm surprised there's so much hate for chrome. How can you not like shiny? If you look at the old mustangs (like the 60's stangs that this car was designed after) there's chrome all over the place. All other cars of the period was like that too and it's one of the things that made them look so good as compared to the plain looking modern cars. I've been wanting to add more chrome trim to match the chrome on the 60's stangs. I have only very little now.

But, I gotta agree about the vents near the front tires. Mustangs have never had those and they're just out of place. They're more of a Chrysler/Plymouth thing I think. Now, if someone was taking a Challenger and making a 'Cuda out of it, then something like that would fit since 'Cudas came with those side vents (gills). But it's just not a mustang thing.

Other than that, chrome away!

Oh and for suspension, go with adjustable Koni sport shocks/struts. They don't cost much more than D-Specs and are not only better in many ways, but has a far superior warrenty and good customer service. Talk to Sam Strano for more info on that. Springs like Steeda do not lower very much but improve the look and performance greatly. I don't think you'd have a problem with Steeda springs where you live. Then there's the usual upper and lower control arms which will be needed for adjusting pinion angle and to eliminate wheel hop. A good panhard bar that's adjustable will be good to re-center the car over the axle due to shifting when lowering. I don't know how good/bad the stock sway bar is so I can't comment much on that. But I'm sure it can be improved too.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bet you get noticed in your country! Question though.....not that it matters, you have a V6 Pony emblem on the trunk but a GT emblem on your fenders.....which is it? True, with all your mods and unless we are there, couldn't distinguish the two.
I do know some folks who have GTs put V6 Pony emblems on their trunks to make their car a sleeper.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Every car ive seen with then stuck on had a black driver if that says anything.
Dosen't say anything to me. What does it say to you, Shadow?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I'm surprised there's so much hate for chrome. How can you not like shiny? If you look at the old mustangs (like the 60's stangs that this car was designed after) there's chrome all over the place. All other cars of the period was like that too and it's one of the things that made them look so good as compared to the plain looking modern cars. I've been wanting to add more chrome trim to match the chrome on the 60's stangs. I have only very little now.
While I understand what your saying, this is my point of view. Yes, those cars had a lot of chrome, but that's how they were designed! They were built with these chrome parts from the factory, and therefore, the chrome does not look out of place, even today, and actually looks good. Today's Mustang is designed without any exterior chrome at all (except wheels, pony in grill, & faux gas cap), and is why, in my opinion, chrome looks out of place and not good on these cars. They just simply were not designed and styled with chrome parts in mind. Now I'm not saying all chrome parts look like crap (some look just fine!), I'm just saying, again, in my opinion, lots of the chrome parts that get stuck on these cars doesn't look right.

By all means though, the beauty of the Mustang is having so many options to do things WE like to it, and if you like it, that's all that matters!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah I see what you're saying. Car makers just need to start putting more chrome again.

Chrome is one of those things that can look good if done well, but can look gaudy if you're not careful.

I've been curious what it would look like to put chrome trim around the side windows and front windshield like the old cars had. If only I had something I could apply temporarily that's easy to take off just to see...

If I could add the same chrome stuff that the old cars had to mine while making it look good that would be great.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

IMO it is over the top, verging on ricer! oops...........
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I think this looks very good: http://www.cherod.com/mustang/Mods/Grill.html

It looks like the old stangs, plus the current Bullitt and Saleen PJ 302 has something similar.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I think this looks very good: http://www.cherod.com/mustang/Mods/Grill.html

It looks like the old stangs, plus the current Bullitt and Saleen PJ 302 has something similar.
lol your not comparing the 2 are you?
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-dsc03481.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you like my car??