Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perpetuating the "stupid 05 owners" myth... or is it a myth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default Perpetuating the "stupid 05 owners" myth... or is it a myth?

So this morning I'm driving in to work. I've got the top down, enjoying a nice, cool morning. Traffic isn't too bad, but it is a work day in Dallas, so there is moderate traffic. Up ahead I see an 05 V6 coupe driving about 5 mph slower than me. As I always do, I check to see if the driver is looking my way as I'm passing, ready to wave if they're looking. What do I see when I look over? The woman has a paperback book propped up on her steering wheel, nose down just reading away. AAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!! Is it any wonder older 'stang owners think we're idiots?

On a happier note, last Friday I was passing a super clean Cobra vert and the driver WAS looking, and we gave each other a big thumbs up and smile. Maybe that's one guy that thinks a little better of '05 owners now
Old 06-20-2005, 01:57 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Perpetuating the "stupid 05 owners" myth... or is it a myth?

190,000 people bought new Mustangs this year, and I would guess that the vast majority are not enthusiasts. Expect to see a cross-section of the population driving them.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:49 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Everyone knows it's easier to drive while reading a hardcover
Old 06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

LOL! Exactly!
Old 06-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

stupidity is not reserved for 05 owners....or mustang owners....I see the same guy everyone morning driving a vette with the newspaper draped over his steering wheel....I'm waiting for the guy to read about himself causing a massive accident...lol
Old 06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: delurker

190,000 people bought new Mustangs this year, and I would guess that the vast majority are not enthusiasts. Expect to see a cross-section of the population driving them.
Yea, and about half of them live in southern California.

ORIGINAL: Robs05gtvert

stupidity is not reserved for 05 owners....or mustang owners....I see the same guy everyone morning driving a vette with the newspaper draped over his steering wheel....I'm waiting for the guy to read about himself causing a massive accident...lol
He obviously must be accustom to it.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

I dont think idiots like this only drive Mustangs - I have seen stuff like that so many times, reading newspapers, etc and its in all kinda different cars!

What kind of idiot would think to read a book while driving - its so bad that its funny!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Maybe she was trying to figure out the RDS in the owner's manual. [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 06-20-2005, 04:39 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

I used to commute over an hour each way into DC. When you sit in that much traffic, you see that kind of stuff all the time. Stupidity is not bound by type of automobile
Old 06-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: ChewbaccaD

I used to commute over an hour each way into DC. When you sit in that much traffic, you see that kind of stuff all the time. Stupidity is not bound by type of automobile
Or region, although I don't see people reading books out here in the Phoenix area, I do see a TON of people on cell phones...my favorite is when they drop the phone and fumble for it...of course the car goes wildly everywhere as they scramble to grab the phone and not lose control... Another favorite of mine is makeup in the morning with the women drivers...this chick was putting on makeup driving with NO hands in rush hour traffic. I tell ya, if someone ever causes an accident around me while doing something REALLY stupid like makeup or shaving or laptop computing (yes i've seen people do that..) I will definitely stick around as a witness.

Quick Reply: Perpetuating the "stupid 05 owners" myth... or is it a myth?