Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY - Stripe Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:31 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: FINALLY - Stripe Kit Installed

ORIGINAL: hawgman

They are all over ebay.
ORIGINAL: 05SatinSilver

Don, this guy sells Tons of these on Fleabay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...981129121&rd=1

Dave...
Thanks, guys... can you tell I'm not an ebay regular? In fact, I've never used it for anything. [&o]
Old 06-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

It's different but the more I look at it the more I like it. Good Job
Old 06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

That is a sweet stripe job. Almost screams Pace Car too.

Don, This guys sells brake light decals too Bob White's.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Very nice
Old 06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Racnnut
1st Gear Member

Those stripes look amazing! I read your earlier posts as to what you were doing, but you have better vision than I have. I couldn't see how cool that was going to look... but the finished product is great. The red stripes really bring out the red interior.

Kathy
Old 06-20-2005, 11:20 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Wow!! that looks great! You did a wonderful job! That stripe job really stands out
Old 06-21-2005, 04:53 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Thanks 05SatinSilver - I just copied your Mustang emblem on that last picture, hope you dont mind

The stripes look awesome - you have way more imagination than me as I would have never thought to do that and they rock!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:03 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Well, I Really do hate to do this. But, since I'm getting request, asking me where I got my kit from! I got my kit from Autotrimdesign. I was the 1st person to ask them, to make a custom kit for the 05 Mustang. I designed the kit, color scheme and size I wanted (center stripes is 21", 1" gap, 2" side stripes). I paid for the kit upfront, so they could work on it. I was Very patient and waited for them to get their hands on a 05 to take measurements. Then the had to make the kit and they wanted to 'Test fit' the kit, before they would ship it to me. So, I continued to wait. Finally, after waiting for 9 1/2 weeks, I got the kit. Well, then I had to find someone to do the install. Not something I wanted to try myself! So, I finally found someone local. Well, here's where the Fun begins! During the install, Most of the pieces were cut too short? They did not go all the way, end-to-end, as I clearly requested from the Vendor. Luckily, my installer uses the same Avery vinyl and was able to fix the Black. The top of the back bumper was cut 1 1/2" too short? The top of the trunk and back of the trunk pieces, didn't even meet up where the seam is supposed to, so my installer made this piece from scratch. But when he started to install the red side stripes, same issues (Plus the kit was short 2 pieces) and my installer did not have the same color red. Well, the black hides the seams well, but the red does not. So, instead of Patching the red, the installer ordered new red and did the side stripes completely from scratch. Of course, I had to pay extra for this work. I sent Autotrimdesign an email (twice) trying to work out the issues. Well, it's been 10 days, and I've heard NOTHING from them. So, I would NOT buy my kit from them, as it seems Customer service is not high on their list. Talking to my installer, he said he could have made this kit himself, without any problems. So, if you want something like mine, find a good local Vinyl installer and work with them. I found my installer, by looking up Signs, not anything to due with auto shops / painters. Also, some boat shops work alot with vinyl, for making boat names!
OK, rant is now off![:@][:@][:@]

Dave...
Old 06-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the info. You can see how difficult it is being a guinea pig, so it's important to us all that you took the time to share the install info!
The 2 red stripes really work well and I think they may set a trend!
Of course, now the next step is getting wheels that have a bit of red in them...
Old 06-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I'm going through simular with a custom dash kit.

They wouldn't "create" the kit I wanted to I actually had to order 2 kids to get the pieces I am blending... They did give me a discount since I was ordering 2 kits but the Carbon Fiber kit came with a damaged piece and several pieces didn't even come close to matching the others so they have sent replacments.

Yea... sometimes wanting something different then "out of the box" can be a hassle.. but - having something nobody else has is well worth the trouble.

Quick Reply: FINALLY - Stripe Kit Installed