Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did some exhaust swaping this week. (vids)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Default Did some exhaust swaping this week. (vids)

Well I have had my macs for quite sometime now and first decided to change my mid pipe from an o/r h to an o/r x pipe with the macs. I was not that impressed with the sound change. Alittle to high pitched for my liking. So I figured I would give a different axle back a try and bought a set of borla stingers. So I put them on paired up with the x pipe and was not to happy with that setup either. Still to raspy but was not as loud as the macs for sure. Keep in mind that I have cams so a little different sound than stock cams. So today I put my o/r h back on with the stingers and I must say that I am very happy with this setup! I do miss my macs because they were so much louder and had a very nice deep old school sound. I got alot of praise with the macs on but I just wanted something different. Even though the stinger/h pipe combo is not as loud as the mac/h pipe combo, I still like the smoothness of the new stinger setup. I am happy for the time being with my new setup. It is very deep and it now allows me to hear my S/C alot better because they are alittle quieter. Enjoy the clips and I will try to get a few driving clips of the o/r h and stinger combo as soon as I can.
The car is dirty and don't make fun of my jack stands! In the third video I want to kill my camera man for cutting the clip short, oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpRl10aLxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSO-ZpAdkHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbbL7x8RfNg
Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good, and I do agree with you about the mac's they have that great old school sound to them.

Off topic: but do you get pulled over for your tint? I did on 129... and it looks about the same as your tint.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

DAMMMM

your car was the best sounding s197 I ever heared at idle with those cams and the macs, cant beat that low bass that hurts your chest.

you also have resonators welded in right?

Did you have anybody drive the car while you stood outside and had a listen?

I did the same thing with my macs and the mid pipes and actually liked the h better at idle and cruising around town but the x got rid of some drone and at the higher rpm its kept screaming and was definitly louder at wot. I ended up keeping the x but the sound around 3 k with the macs is rought but you may of not had the same prob cause of your resonators.

IMO the stingers with the x is meaner then with the H. The h stops getting agressive at around 3 grand but with the x it screams all the way to the top. I also like the rasp of the x to so.

Either way your car sounds and looks great, you could put a honda civic exhaust on with those cam and I would still give you props

This is a good conformation for people who always tried to say the stingers are as loud as the macs or louder, NEGATIVE.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GA05GT
Sounds good, and I do agree with you about the mac's they have that great old school sound to them.

Off topic: but do you get pulled over for your tint? I did on 129... and it looks about the same as your tint.
no I have never had a problem. Usually when I see a cop that I think is going to be looking at my car hard on the road I just roll both my windows down.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
DAMMMM

your car was the best sounding s197 I ever heared at idle with those cams and the macs, cant beat that low bass that hurts your chest.

you also have resonators welded in right?

Did you have anybody drive the car while you stood outside and had a listen?
well dang that comment makes me want to go out and buy another set macs for my car lol. I do have resonators welded in. No I never let anyone drive my car except me and the dealership.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:29 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

What resonators are these? Did they eliminate the drone? If so I am very jealous.

I had stingers with a catted-X and freaking loved them. But they droned my eyeballs out so I sold tem.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
What resonators are these? Did they eliminate the drone? If so I am very jealous.

I had stingers with a catted-X and freaking loved them. But they droned my eyeballs out so I sold tem.
dynomax bullets is what they are called and yes they help eliminate most of the drone but they also helped with the trumpeting when I had my macs.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustanglouie
well dang that comment makes me want to go out and buy another set macs for my car lol. I do have resonators welded in. No I never let anyone drive my car except me and the dealership.
lol

let somebody drive it for you up the street so you can hear it outside of the car, I know I know its your baby and knowbody drives it but you but it is def worth it to hear it been driven.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

+1 you should hear it from the outside.

I ran the stingers with o/r x for a while, and i liked it. Its very race car like, but id be lying if i said i liked it more than with my o/r h and LTs,the car sounds fking mean IMO.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

wow I can't believe that there are so few of people who have veiwed this thread so far. I guess the title is to blame lol. I thought everybody would jump at the chance to see a new exhaust video. Oh well...