Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I broke something. please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

well, just so everyone will get off my back, if it is the diff, i will be paying someone to install 4:10's (like i mentioned before). and just so were clear on this, if something is broken and they can prove to me that its my doing, thats fine, i will fix it. but explain to me why countless people and mustang magazines test these cars with and without drag radials, and they never have any issues. and it's not like i have an abusive ammount of power either. just a tuner, cai, and some exhaust, and mild suspension.

either way, if this thread just turns into "everyone be a dick" central, i hope it gets deleted.
i was hoping for a little help figuring out this noise before i decide to go to the dealer.

and to norm and everyone that tried to help, thank you for your help trying to pinpoint the issue

Last edited by One Bad Stang; 04-19-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

People here on MF will tell you.. BRING IT TO THE TRACK! Then when you break your car you won't get a reaction. Or worse, they tell you that it was your fault in some way. I will never rag my car out on the track unless I have 10k to replace the motor, bottom line. I set my car up for dig races, but I'm not going rag it out at the track JMO.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:13 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nicksfoursix
I am in total agreement with GrayPony. Please read the manuals that came with the car. There is no provision in the warranty for damage resulting from abuse. Don't give me the crap that these vehicles were built to do this. "Man up" and be responsible for your actions and decisions.
If you don't know how to properly prepare a car to race it, don't go back to Ford and expect them to fix it.
Why do I appear so angered and what give me the authority to say this?.... I'm the person on the other side of the counter that you lie to when you bring in your car to complain there is a whining noise coming from the vehicle when you let of the throttle and "it should be covered under my waranty". Oh...and by the way, take the ET slips out of the glove box...we look for them in there...and be sure, if they used white shoe polish on your windows at the dragstrip to completely remove it from the glass. If you just scrape it of with a razor blade, it leaves a residue that can seen in the reflection of the light. Also, those little rubber shards from the rear tires also accumulate in other areas beside just the inner lip of the quarter panels...we look in those other places as well.
If somebody at the dealership (stealership) takes your precious little Mustang and scatters the pieces all over the shop floor and then tells you it not warranty..it's abuse, don't cry to Ford and complain on this forum or other places what *****y service you get from the dealer or what a *****y product Ford makes.
And in closing, if any of you others seem to get "the cold shoulder" or thinks the dealership prejudges you about how you use your car or the vehicle needs, people like him are the reason why....
Sorry, but people like this just **** me off....
Are you allowed to be looking through customers cars like that? What do you do? Tell them there not allowed to have slips in there glove box? If i found out my car was being looked through like that, there would be a nice lawsuit on your hands.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Agreed....
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

thank god for whtcanbrwnd04u and Rubrignitz !!! I was begining to think everyone arround here had lost their minds.

and i also agree with whtcanbrwnd04u on the "freelance detective" work. you cant be going through peoples cars and looking for evidence of misuse.

think about it... cops, aka law enforcement officers, need a warrant to search your car and they're the police. so where do you get off thinking it's ok to go pilfering thorugh another persons belongings. your just another example of someone who hates life and tries to take it out on other people. does it make you feel important and powerful or something?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

thanks for that link. it sounds like i may have a pinion bearing issue according to that link.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 AM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

Gentlemen,
I can see that my earlier post to One Bad Stang was not well taken.
I would like to take this time to publicly apologize to One Bad Stang if my comments were in bad taste.
Whatever the outcome may be regarding your suspectant rear axle noise, I hope it works out.
Please let it be known that I am no more important nor powerful than you or anyone else and I enjoy life to its' fullest.
In closing, I have high regards surrounding truth and honesty. Please do not confuse comments of bad taste with my moral judgement. Truth and honesty is my belief and respectfully, I have no apology for that.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nicksfoursix
Gentlemen,
I can see that my earlier post to One Bad Stang was not well taken.
I would like to take this time to publicly apologize to One Bad Stang if my comments were in bad taste.
Whatever the outcome may be regarding your suspectant rear axle noise, I hope it works out.
Please let it be known that I am no more important nor powerful than you or anyone else and I enjoy life to its' fullest.
In closing, I have high regards surrounding truth and honesty. Please do not confuse comments of bad taste with my moral judgement. Truth and honesty is my belief and respectfully, I have no apology for that.
no hard feelings then man, its all good on this end. i am not saying that i was going to strait up lie to the dealer, i'm just not going to walk up in there and say "i broke it at the drags". if they say the damage was a result of abuse, then so be it and i will fix it or upgrade it.

but i can understand your moral standings, i would not like somebody to bring their benz into my shop and lie to my face about what happened and i dont intend to do that myself either.

if i take it in and they just fix it under warranty, thats great for me, but if they say i need to come out of pocket, i will understand.