Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Boost Brothers LT Review

Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

jmk3- Because I'm a college student and don't have the money to blow on Kooks or ARH's. I would rather do some work to make up for the header's shortcomings and get them at a great price.

VistaStangGT- It depends if you want to keep the rear O2's or not. They are turned off in a tune for LT's anyway so you can unplug them and cap the rear bungs (caps provided), or you can do what I did and buy 4 extensions and use two on the rear O2's and run them for the hell of it. About the mounts, the thing that most people don't understand is that the tube that comes closest to the steering shaft passes OVER the steering shaft and down and around. Getting upgraded motor mounts like Prothanes uses a stiffer material so the mounts don't squish so much when the motor weight is put on them. You want the height from the mounts, you don't want them to be shorter then stock.

Embalmer- That SUCKS... I will eventually get the correct set and put them in... No way that's anytime soon. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

kpaulhus-YGPM

AmericanSpeed- I am now not going to run my car this friday like I initially planned. I will probably go to watch some of you guys that are going. You can hear it there, but I'm telling you there are huge leaks. Doesn't sounds too good right now until everything is welded.

kingsofcrunk- Did you have an O/R H before? It was extremely loud, and now it's quieter. Sounds great though.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
VistaStangGT
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=KLO;6129067
VistaStangGT- It depends if you want to keep the rear O2's or not. They are turned off in a tune for LT's anyway so you can unplug them and cap the rear bungs (caps provided), or you can do what I did and buy 4 extensions and use two on the rear O2's and run them for the hell of it. About the mounts, the thing that most people don't understand is that the tube that comes closest to the steering shaft passes OVER the steering shaft and down and around. Getting upgraded motor mounts like Prothanes uses a stiffer material so the mounts don't squish so much when the motor weight is put on them. You want the height from the mounts, you don't want them to be shorter then stock.
[/QUOTE]

OK thanks. I thought it went under the steering shaft. I was hoping cutting them would allow more clearance fort he frame rub as well.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLO
kingsofcrunk- Did you have an O/R H before? It was extremely loud, and now it's quieter. Sounds great though.
Ah, that makes sense. No, I didn't. Also, how do you check for leaks? I'm pretty positive I don't have any, but I want to make sure. The guys that put it in said they didn't find any.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

your exhaust seems quiter now because you have so many leaks bro, when thats all sealed up it will def sound meaner and deeper and then you will have a idea of what it really sounds like.

lol @ 12 hours, **** that and still not 100% your a trooper man I would be pissed....

Good luck getting ya kinks out
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

man, 12 hours is a crazy amount of time! even with someone that already installed LT's before! Glad it all worked out though. Post some sound clips once you get it all sealed up!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

VistaStangGT- The frame rub will be fixed by denting the collector, that's my only suggestion to fix it.

kingsofcrunk- Mine I can hear when I give the car gas and it's in gear. As the motor works more it pumps out of the leaks more. Jack your car up and carefully run your hand around all the connections to see if you feel any air. If you can't hear it without listening for it hard then you shouldn't worry.

TOMBSTANG- Yeah, I wonder how it truly sounds because right now it's very hard to tell. The collector is pushing against the frame which sucks so the car also vibrates a lot. Can't wait to get that all fixed up so my exhaust will be completely done.

Chris07GT- When I go home for the summer I am gettng it welded up then I will post an "after" video. I have a before video I made so you guys can compare Pypes O/R H and MMS, and the BB LT's and Pypes MMS.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

yeah guys....It will only take me 6 hours to get my next intsall help job done lol
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Kyle, I sent you a text regarding the can, guess you didn't get it? I asked if you were mounting it in the same location I did, I am making the parts list. PM me.

Anyone looking for an O/R H pipe from Pypes? Lol Pm me if you are.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

VistaStangGT- When you get these in post up what the installer had to do to get them in. I'm interested if other people have my same experience. Pay attention to where they had to be bent, especially for the motor mount. I found that one interesting.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

I can't wait to hear it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Boost Brothers LT Review