Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on GTS tail light covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 AM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

in some places you can't pass a saftey inspection w painted/tinted ones that's why I HAD to go with GTS covers, they fit fairly good, they would never fly off bc they're secured under the trunk.
HOWEVER, they seem to be staticly charged and collect dust like crazy!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicmetalicS197
in some places you can't pass a saftey inspection w painted/tinted ones that's why I HAD to go with GTS covers, they fit fairly good, they would never fly off bc they're secured under the trunk.
HOWEVER, they seem to be staticly charged and collect dust like crazy!
yeah I'm just worried about this one A-hole cop that busted me for my limo tint EVEN THOUGH I had my U-Vitis note from the eye doctor. He waited for me all day at school. And it happened like a week after I bought the car lol so yeah....
Old 04-24-2009, 09:01 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CKurello
yeah I'm just worried about this one A-hole cop that busted me for my limo tint EVEN THOUGH I had my U-Vitis note from the eye doctor. He waited for me all day at school. And it happened like a week after I bought the car lol so yeah....
What is U-Vitis? Is it like having bad reactions to sunlight when driving? Let me know because i am going to the eye doctor!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06elnr
paint looks the best. I painted mine to match the color of my car...
06elnr Man that looks bad azz, I also had mine painted looks much better and what I did was bought a stock set of taillights in case I get a ticket I put on the stock set take it for inspection pay a $10 fine and then go home and put the painted set back on, I paid $30 for the taillights on ebay. Here are my painted taillights.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Sp3kter
1st Gear Member

If you want them painted this stuff is awsome. I used these on my srt-4.

http://www.modernperformance.com/nit...ns-p-1779.html
Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 AM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

1+ on the U-Vitis??? I would bribe the doc to get killer tint up front! And that's an excellent idea about the two sets of tail lights lol genious! I think I'll do that.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

i bought the gts tail light covers, and they were complete garbage. they didnt even fit on right at all, the plastic seemed like it was all warped. who knows i may have just received a bad pair, but i couldnt get a refund for them. i just ordered a stock set already painted from ebay.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

U-Vitis is some disorder (I'm guessing it's a reaction to the sun) that makes it hard to see when in sunlight. Therefor, it is legal for people w/ the disease to have tint on their side windows...etc. Now the cop that pulled me over didnt give a rip and wanted me to get it put on my license that I needed the restriction which would have put me in a load of problems. Now don't quote me on it but that's what I believe it is.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

thanks java, you just use the same paint that you paint the car with...couple of light coats and then clear coat. for the black out you use 10 parts clear with one part black, and spray untill they are as dark as you want them...go to our local bodyshop and ask them for a qoute if you want them painted, 150.00 is what I charge so it depends on your shop.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

They are not show quality.. but I like mine. I had to add a little piece of velcro to the drivers side front do to minor fitment issues.. but other than that.. I like them. One real benefit is that you can take them off in a snap.. I use my "driving" lights at night.. and can see fine 90% of the time.. but in bad weather.. or out in the country.. I like the fact that I can take the front's off for better visibility. I never take the rears off.

Quick Reply: Opinions on GTS tail light covers