Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charge motion delete plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Default Charge motion delete plates

On american muscle Steeda offers 2 diffrent plates. One is the economy plate and one is not. What is the diffrence between the two.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

The more expensive one is billet aluminum. 99% of the people get the economy plates because they do the same thing and are less expensive.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

If you dont want to spend the money for plates just have your tune adjusted to have the plates always open. Granted you will still have a small restriction from the plates being in there. Just another option.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

That will do the same thing as having the plates, can doug at bamachips alter this or is this something i can do with my predator.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:57 PM
sleepless

Originally Posted by cobra443
If you dont want to spend the money for plates just have your tune adjusted to have the plates always open. Granted you will still have a small restriction from the plates being in there. Just another option.
Isn't that in fact the whole point of these plates; to get rid of the restriction when they are full open?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

When the plates are full open, while in theory it's a restriction, it's so small you won't notice it unless you're running a lot of boost or something.

The HP difference between full open and deletes is about as small as the difference between the stock TB and an aftermarket TB (assuming N/A here)...if that. Just not enough to get excited over. If the delete plates were A LOT cheaper then it wouldn't be so bad.

I think the bigger difference comes during the times when the plates are not full open.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

+1^ With the plates wide open, the drag from those plates is very minimal. Especially in a N/A setup. I dont believe you can adjust them yourself with the tuner, I just went by Brenspeed and had them drive my car for a bit. Then went back to the shop and they tweaked a few things in my tune. WOW what a difference I felt just from having the plates put to all open.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
whitealexander
1st Gear Member

wow thanks for the info..
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

another thing against the use of plate deletes on an N/A car, you WILL lose Tq on the low end with the butterflies removed (deletes installed). Ask doug or brent (bamachips/brenspeed respectively). Deletes are best for boosted cars or those that have cams where the loss in low end TQ is well made up for by the power adder.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

I just did mine. It is a simple install and cleaned the fuel injectors and the whole area while I was there. 150 is not much, there is slight gain on hp and the sound on my borlas got deeper. I also noticed some very nice roling on the sound when I let the throttle go. I have brenspeed tunes and I bought the delete from them so they tunned the cmdp's for free. God bless them... I am planning to do cams and LT as well and the deletes are a good complement to them

Last edited by vasman; 04-28-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Charge motion delete plates