Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT X3 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:56 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT X3 questions

Hey guys, i picked up a blank X3 from brenspeed. I have a c&l racer intake on the way and im waiting to get ahold of doug for a canned tunned. Install day is this weekend up.

Any way i got the tunner today and i updated it. There was a firmware update and an enhanced updater softwear. Is the EUS just the program that will allow me to update my tuner? If so cool I was able to update to 1.2.111 or something.

And with the auto off traction control, Once updated i ran out to my car just to see if the tunner does work. I know there are no tunes even though it shows there are, i didn't wanna mess anything up. When i did the TC off option it did work, but theres a light now on the dash. The light that pops up with TC is ON and if tires spin the light flashes. Well thats always on now. Is that normal? Also is it designed to not turn on, if i hit the button it stays off.

And with the rear o2 sensors off option. Im assuming thats for if i take the cats off. If i do put an off-road pipe on and just turn them off, is that all i have to do. Do i need to retune it at all?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:04 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
Hey guys, i picked up a blank X3 from brenspeed. I have a c&l racer intake on the way and im waiting to get ahold of doug for a canned tunned. Install day is this weekend up.

Any way i got the tunner today and i updated it. There was a firmware update and an enhanced updater softwear. Is the EUS just the program that will allow me to update my tuner? If so cool I was able to update to 1.2.111 or something.

And with the auto off traction control, Once updated i ran out to my car just to see if the tunner does work. I know there are no tunes even though it shows there are, i didn't wanna mess anything up. When i did the TC off option it did work, but theres a light now on the dash. The light that pops up with TC is ON and if tires spin the light flashes. Well thats always on now. Is that normal? Also is it designed to not turn on, if i hit the button it stays off.

And with the rear o2 sensors off option. Im assuming thats for if i take the cats off. If i do put an off-road pipe on and just turn them off, is that all i have to do. Do i need to retune it at all?
This is the best thing to do. Let Doug know what you want to do and he will set up your new custom tune to do it. This way you don't mess anything up since most of Dougs tunes already turn off some of your O2 sensors so "if" you do put on a O/R pipe you will not need a new tune
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

I got my 02 question figuered out from doug yesterday, Does anyone else have any info on the TC topic. Im sure alot of you guys esp you F/I guys have yours off
Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

don't mind me.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/want...ng-device.html
Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by antipeterleague
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

yeah i'm a thread pirate.

a real threat to your thread!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

double post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by antipeterleague
yeah i'm a thread pirate.

a real threat to your thread!
LOL! all in good fun
Old 04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Over a 100 veiws, Some ones gotta have some input
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

In reguards to the TC from what I hear everyone who uses some kind of FI turns it off either threw a turner or manually. The reason being is that TC can create a lean fuel condition to happen when you break traction. As you know this could cause some very bad problems to happen with your engine. So as a rule of thumb, "If your planing on racing or just messing around with your car and you have a custom tune (which is already leaning your fuel for better performance) then turn it off to be safe.

Quick Reply: SCT X3 questions