Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new trunk setup.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

Very nice... do you have measurements for everything that you did? I've been trying to figure up a good setup like that so that I am still able to use my trunk and that looks perfect.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by O'Connor
Very nice... do you have measurements for everything that you did? I've been trying to figure up a good setup like that so that I am still able to use my trunk and that looks perfect.
I could possibly get some for you, but honestly, I would just do it the way I did. I used cardboard to make the templates, then transferred it on to some plywood from there. I made any necessary adjustments on the plywood and then transferred that to the MDF, and made my final cuts. I know it seems like a lot of extra steps, but by just tracing the cardboard onto the plywood, there were quite a few adjustments that had to be made.

Now I have to find a way to squeeze my nitrous bottle in there. haha. I may just end up getting 2 5lb. bottles and placing them on either side. The 10lb. bottle is a reeeally tight fit. lol
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

nitrous bottles? i thought you got sponsored by techco for the build and were getting the sc put in a few months back?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i am gunna do my truck eventually... i got a good friend who owns a car audio and tint shop... so were gunna fab up something outta fiberglass that has a nice face like that... maybe just one sup pushed out in the middle and a hidden 5 channel amp... then paint the fiberglass blue w/ white stripes
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
nitrous bottles? i thought you got sponsored by techco for the build and were getting the sc put in a few months back?
long story. ive had the nitrous for a few months now, and the supercharger was supposed to be installed back in january. after talking to Carlos over at techco, the deal was being put on hold until they can get the company really up and running. I talked to him at Knotts though, and Im supposed to call him to go down there for a tour and sit down and talk with him about whats going to happen. We'll see though. All I know is their blower is SO sick, and Im crossing my fingers that everything works out.

If not, I have a backup plan already, but Techco was the first company to show interest in sponsoring the car, so I figure I will wait around a little while longer and see how everything plays out.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zporta
i am gunna do my truck eventually... i got a good friend who owns a car audio and tint shop... so were gunna fab up something outta fiberglass that has a nice face like that... maybe just one sup pushed out in the middle and a hidden 5 channel amp... then paint the fiberglass blue w/ white stripes
That should look pretty good. I was originally going to do a fiberglass setup, but I decided to keep it simple. I like your idea of blue with white stripes though...that would look awesome on your car.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

thanks dude... it would looks sick if one day u went that route and had ur paint scheme air brushed on it...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

that was actually my first plan, to make the box out of fiberglass, then lay CF over it and have it airbrushed to match, but i like the plain and simple route better. haha
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

hahaha yea... a lot less time involved... im in no rush for mine so it will be a slow project
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

that etching is really well done, thats a hell of a first try

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new trunk setup.