Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

Default Springs

Ok so i think the next thing im going to buy is lowering springs for my car. I still have the factory waranty will this void it? And if not what should i drop. I just have the stock 17" wheels that came with the car and new wheels are out of the question for a while. So is it worth it to do the drop or just buy something else? Also if i buy the springs is there anything else i have to buy? Thanks guys/Gals Sorry for all the questions..
Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

I think springs, or even the whole suspension itself, is not covered under warranty anyway since its a wearable item.

If you buy the springs and use the stock shocks/struts - you will have issues down the road and will need to replace the shocks/struts anyway. So you might as well replace them in one shot. Also, change the strut mount to the GT500 one.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9770
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by
change the strut mount to the GT500 one.

[url
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9770[/url]
Why this one? Is this better then another aftermarket one?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

I dont know much about shocks/springs. Which brand would be good for a dd on bad roads lol. I dont want to be real low b/c i want to get a chin spoiler one of these days but low enough so i dont have huge wheel gap when i get rims. I know there are prolly 100's of these postings but i'm asking anyway
Old 04-29-2009, 07:17 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Steeda or Eibach springs.....and for shocks get Koni adj or D-specs (which are adj too) and you can adj the firmness for the car and tune the suspension the way you want
Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless06
Why this one? Is this better then another aftermarket one?
They are cheaper and more cost effective. Unless you are lowering your front end a lot they should do the job w/ the help of camber bolts/plates. As others have said shocks/struts should be done at the same time too to save headaches and having to redo the job down the road. As for the warranty, shocks/struts aren't included, but I'm pretty sure everything else in the suspension is since they aren't wearable parts. We all know strut mounts are warranties from all the posts made about front end thunk.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

ok i think i understand now. Am i able to buy the shocks and springs allready together the way i would want it? or do i just take it to the shop and have them compress the spring and all that? So if i buy the eibach springs and koni shocks and the chamber plates/bolts. Is there anything else i need?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless06
ok i think i understand now. Am i able to buy the shocks and springs allready together the way i would want it? or do i just take it to the shop and have them compress the spring and all that? So if i buy the eibach springs and koni shocks and the chamber plates/bolts. Is there anything else i need?
That would be it as long as the drop isn't too drastic up front. If you are replaying everything you can just bolt up the strut, spring and mount w/o taking your stock unit apart except you will be missing the dust cover. Honestly though I think it's pretty useless, it's not sealed in anyway and doesn't really keep anything out.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Topless06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ato
That would be it as long as the drop isn't too drastic up front. If you are replaying everything you can just bolt up the strut, spring and mount w/o taking your stock unit apart except you will be missing the dust cover. Honestly though I think it's pretty useless, it's not sealed in anyway and doesn't really keep anything out.
What is considered to drastic up front? How low can i go and still keep the chin spoiler and also without getting into to much trouble.

Can anyone tell me what you have as far as springs and shocks and an estimate on price. Maybe a picture as well. Just so i can see some different set-ups. Thanks
Old 04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I have the Eibach Pro Kit and D-specs. Don't remember the cost.

Quick Reply: Springs