Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable panhard bar...noisy

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Default adjustable panhard bar...noisy

ive got a upr adjustable panhard bar and it is noisy as hell...makes a lot of rattling noises when going over rough terrain and what not...just wondering if this is normal...i assume it is because it has the adjustable end links...just wondering if this is something that bothers anyone else...sounds like the suspension components are loose but they arent...is there a better panhard bar that isnt designed the same way to illiminate the noise??
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

rattling is not a good sign. Something is not installed correctly or you have a defective product i would think. Did you grease all fittings?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:28 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
rattling is not a good sign. Something is not installed correctly or you have a defective product i would think. Did you grease all fittings?
didnt grease any fittings...the bushings are aluminum though...is installed correctly...cant install it wrong...everything is tight...what kind do you have?? i have this one...
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=835
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Its the price you pay for Rod Ends. I've got rod ends on one side of the PHB and on the upper control arm. Yes they will rattle at certain speeds and over bumps. Even heavy duty, high performance rod ends will eventually rattle.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:59 AM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Argonaut
Its the price you pay for Rod Ends. I've got rod ends on one side of the PHB and on the upper control arm. Yes they will rattle at certain speeds and over bumps. Even heavy duty, high performance rod ends will eventually rattle.
yeah thats what I figured...just wanted to make sure...kind of a pain because to some who dont know about the phb it just sounds like my suspension is loose oh well I guess...
Old 04-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Hate to dig an old post up, but was just searching for insight on my rear rattling and think this is my problem as well. I was sooooo happy after upgrading my suspension, then the double adjustable rod-end panhard came and I've been trying to track down the rattling noise ever since.

It's really aggravating. I'm about to go down and put the stock panhard back on... may just get a polymer-ended BMR adjustable.

My rodend (axle-side) BMR LCA's are completely silent but the panhard makes a racket back there. It's gotta go.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 PM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Hate to dig an old post up, but was just searching for insight on my rear rattling and think this is my problem as well. I was sooooo happy after upgrading my suspension, then the double adjustable rod-end panhard came and I've been trying to track down the rattling noise ever since.

It's really aggravating. I'm about to go down and put the stock panhard back on... may just get a polymer-ended BMR adjustable.

My rodend (axle-side) BMR LCA's are completely silent but the panhard makes a racket back there. It's gotta go.
I feel for ya man, aggravating suspension noises and rattles can drive you bonkers..... I Went with the Steeda Chrome Moly adjustable Panhard Bar and Steeda Heavy Duty Pan Hard Brace with Urethane bushings and so far no issues..

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 04-21-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz

How can a panhard bar be noisy?!
Assuming you have it tight and greased in its housing...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

wellllll, thing is... with this double adjustable model one end is up in the hanger and you can't get leverage on it/tighten it down on-car!!

I seem to remember you having the same problem with your adjustable lowers, pascal. It's a huge PITA. I'm getting a poly bushed mid-adustable like the BMR model. this one is damn near impossible to adjust/tighten.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i just put in the CHE double adj panhard and haven't had any problems with it since the install a few weeks back. i did however have some damn squeaking noise but just found out there was something rubbing on the sway bar. bent it back and the squeak is gone!

Quick Reply: adjustable panhard bar...noisy