Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAKED PICTURES AND FREE BEER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default NAKED PICTURES AND FREE BEER!!!!

Hey gang.

Sorry there are no naked pictures OR free beer but I wanted to get everyone's attention [sm=smiley4.gif]

You all probably noticed that some of your threads were moved around......you will also notice a "trace" to the original message so you can find it easily.

Anyway, I have put a sticky at the top of the page about it and have received some really excellent input from some of you '05ers LOL.....'05ers.

We are trying to get this area online with the rest of the forums. There will be no changes to the current layout. However, this is supposed to be a tech section and we wanted to get the other stuff like kills and off topic stuff into the....well, the off topic section, the videos to the video section, etc. I would encourage you to keep on posting all this stuff.....it's great stuff, but we just wanted to get it into the appropriate section.

I wanted to get some more input, in case somebody didn't see the sticky.

1) Have any of you ventured out of the '05 section to keep up with the threads?

2) If so, is it your first time out of the '05 area?

3) How do you find the "other" members? Are they as polite and respectful as you all seem to be?

4) did you check out "Ride of the Month"? There were no nominations for the '05s, but I would like to see that change for next time. Hell, I might nominate one of you myself.

5) Lastly, do you have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks everyone

~ mike
Old 06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: NAKED PICTURES AND FREE BEER!!!!

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

3) How do you find the "other" members? Are they as polite and respectful as you all seem to be?

4) did you check out "Ride of the Month"? There were no nominations for the '05s, but I would like to see that change for next time. Hell, I might nominate one of you myself.

1) Yes, daily
2) No
3) Frankly, I think the 05 bunch (as a group) is more respectful [I know I'll get flamed for that].
4) Yes (I like the 70 Mach)
5) Yes, we need naked pictures and free beer.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Let's see... I ventured out of the 05 section once and into the Off-Topic... came across a thread that said all 05ers were SOBs, then came across the next thread which was all about feces. Since then, no, I haven't ventured out of the 05 section very often

Actually, it might be for the best if we don't see said pics... Mike never mentioned what the naked pictures were of!!! [:-]
Old 06-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChewbaccaD
... Mike never mentioned what the naked pictures were of!!! [:-]
Or who.

EDIT:

1) Yes
2) Actually, I started in the 4.6 Mustang section
3) OK for the mos part
4) Yes, and voted
5) Nope!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Mike,

Chewbacca brings up a good point. I'd like to expand (don't I always?).

In the Off Topic forum, things do get a little wild. That's cool... I kinda like the "weirdness" there sometimes. BUT... some of the posts that have been moved from the 2005 forum over there get lost in the shuffle. They were posted here knowing that the fellow 05 owners would be interested. In Off Topic, most visitors there couldn't care less, and more often than not would provide no valuable feedback (and sometimes just derogatory remarks).

Also, most of the threads that have been moved from here were indeed related to the 05 stang (but may not be purely technical posts). So, it seems we have some threads that are "tweeners". They are specific issues for the 05 crowd, but are not purely techincial... yet they are not so far out that that they should be deemed Off Topic, either. Maybe this is something that should be considered before moving them. I would think they would be of more value to the members if they stayed here (in the 2005 group).

Also, since we are dissecting the intent of the forums, I want to point out that the forum called "Mustang Videos" is full of stuff that isn't even related to cars, much less Mustangs!! I posted a link to a non-mustang video in the Off Topic section, believing it was the right place. Within a few nanoseconds, it had been moved to the Mustang Video section. Why? I would much prefer to see the Mustang Video forum be just that... videos of Mustangs. Other videos ought to be in Off Topic.

So, going back to your question #5 above, I want to answer it this way: How about if those threads that are specific to the 2005/2006 Mustang stay in this forum, even if they are not technical in nature? And, how about if you and your fellow Mods help keep the "Mustang Video" section focused on Mustangs... not other videos. They can go to Off Topic.

OK, I'll shut up (for now).
Old 06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Actually Mike, it was the Father's Day contest that got me into the Off Topic section for the first time since I joined three months ago. Having a lot of time on my hands lately, I've been enjoying the somewhat "less structured" environment there - the members have been as polite and respectful to me as they are to everyone else, and some of those ****'s (even the damn Canadians) come up with some funny sheet.

I like the idea of keeping the 05+ tech forums, as it's a different generation with different issues, but I'm perfectly cool with non-generation-specific off-topic stuff (like 'my wife is jealous of my car') being in the Off Topic section, where it can be subject to discussion and/or ridicule with the other similar topics by everyone. I think keeping the 05 owners completely separate from the rest of the board membership strengthens the perceived division between the two groups rather than promoting unity among all Mustang owners.

And since my car is the only one that ever deserves to be ride of the month, I refuse to go to that sham ROTM section to cast my eyes down upon the feeble attempts at competition (see how Off Topic has warped my fragile little mind?)

Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Hey! where's the beer????[sm=icon_guiness.gif]not fair Mike! and no nakey girls......damn it! Mike you are going to hell.....
Old 06-23-2005, 12:52 AM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

I think i agree with delurker about the unity thing. we really need to push it, because i notice a huge difference. I have a 1990 LX hatchback that is all modded out and the other fellow mustang owners that have the same style car never wave or anything, i just dnt get it, but when i just got my 05 GT vert and i see other 05 mustang owners they go out of there way to say hi or pull over and stop and talk. It seems like i like the 05 family better then the foxbody family ( i hate to say that ) But don_w also has a great point the 05 is a different beast and i dont feel like flipping through a bunch of other stuff just looking for 05 info. its almost like when i look for 5.0 info i go there and thats all there is, so i think that 05 should stay by itself. Hope this helps
Old 06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I traded my old headers and muffler for a six pack of beer. I was going to give 'em away for free, but the lad insisted... Rolling Rock in the fridge! Help yourself!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:02 AM
Brain
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

1 & 2)) I like the idea of trying to make sure everything goes in the place best suited for it. I agree that this is a tech forum and people who come here should be able to expect to find posts on technical issues relating to the 2005 Mustang. Having said that, let me add that I don't generally have a huge amount of time to spend reading forums, even sticking to the posts in here takes up more time than I would like it to. So, if I come to the '05+ forum and start poking around, I would like to see pretty much anything that is focused on the '05+ Mustang, even if they are not technically technical (yes, I had to ) in nature. I don't have a great deal of time to read through other forums trying to pick out posts that involve the '05+ stangs. I know they have interesting content, but that's not what I am primarily seeking most of the time. I do spend a bit of time in the Street/Strip forum and I scan the "Last Post" column and will click on interesting tidbits. I'd like to find some time to spend in the Detailing forum as well.

3) From my experience, most of the people here seem pretty cool. But I don't post much and try to avoid reading any "flame bait" threads.

4) Not yet. I noticed it up there recently and think I will check it out soon.

As for the "Off Topic" forum, I've been in there a few times. The the thing that comes to mind when I see a forum labeled "Off Topic" is that it's a place for things that are off the topic of the site as a whole, such as "did you see the game last night", or "isn't that movie a pile of crap". That doesn't exactly seem to be the case here, but it's not my first instinct to go in there looking for '05 posts.

Anyway, that's just my viewpoint, take it as you will. I appreciate the mods and the work they do here, it's a nice place to hang around. I SHOULD branch out and see more of the (Mustang Forums) world, but chances are I won't generally have the time.

Quick Reply: NAKED PICTURES AND FREE BEER!!!!