Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87,91 and 93 brenspeed tune review

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
I have 87,91,93 tunes from brenspeed,the 87 tune felt okay,so just filled it with 94 octane and loaded the 93 tune,What a difference!I will try the 91 tune over the weekend,if the weather is nice!
having 94 octane is great

Over in BC, Petro Canada is phasing out 94 octane. Chevron is the only place to go now to get it.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

With its great top-end the Brenspeed shines on the track, it has the power where it matters in that environment. No question about that. However the lack of torque down low can be painful in daily driving conditions.

I wish Brenspeed could write a tune that has their high rpm power, with the low-end torque of their competitors. Why is it so hard?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:38 AM
nv4gt ws
2nd Gear Member

sycd, you hit the nail on the head. i talked to seth at brenspeed yesterday. he said the low end is there, but the way it pulls on the top end you think the low end is weak.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

The other issue is some of you are running Brents canned tunes. Which are done with safety in mind. Then some of you like myself have brought are cars to Brent and had them tuned specifically for the mods we have done to are cars. So comparing them really wont work. Trust me,after Brent gets your car on his dyno and adjust the tune for your car you will even be more impressed.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:25 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

I'm going to try the 87 then.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I ran the Brenspeed 93 tune yesterday on my trip. The acceleration was just as choppy as the 87. Very disappointing. When I started up cold yesterday morning the intake choked and backfired. It just seems like something isn't right. What it tells me is Ford actually does a good job tuning these cars. Next week I'm going to change out my mass airflow sensor that came with the Granatelli Cold Air intake to make sure I have the right one in and see if it runs any better.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:46 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

If you are using the MAF that Granatelli sent with the CAI then that is your problem. You need to use your stock MAF in the CAI with the tune, first thing they told me at brenspeed. Another guy on this forum had the same problem, it ended up he left the ext harness granatelli sends and that was causing a problem.

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
I ran the Brenspeed 93 tune yesterday on my trip. The acceleration was just as choppy as the 87. Very disappointing. When I started up cold yesterday morning the intake choked and backfired. It just seems like something isn't right. What it tells me is Ford actually does a good job tuning these cars. Next week I'm going to change out my mass airflow sensor that came with the Granatelli Cold Air intake to make sure I have the right one in and see if it runs any better.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I left the harness on at first too and it ran terribly. Took it off and it ran much better. Still not nearly as smooth as stock though. I'm sure I have the stock Mass Air Sensor in but sometime this week I"m going to switch it, test it and make sure. We'll see.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 PM
sp44
2nd Gear Member

Bama 93 Race for me. I notice people are only putting numbers. They do have variations (performance, torque, race) of each octane.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I just swapped out the Mass Air Sensor to what is supposed to be the Granatelli one and drove about 10 miles stopping in turn arounds to test slow and fast acceleration and it seems a little smoother with the Granatelli sensor minus the extended cable harness. I am going on a 120 mile trip tomorrow and will test and report back again with results.

Quick Reply: 87,91 and 93 brenspeed tune review