Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87,91 and 93 brenspeed tune review

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

yes.. you should always let your car idle till the RPMS drop down.. thought that was common knowledge/practice. I see you tried Different MAFs, I'm not certain but you might have wanted to reload the tune because if the wrong maf was in and it's possible the ECU would change some parameters if it wasn't running properly and then you put the proper ECU it was expecting in and now it has to relearn.... and +1 on 1-3 RPM being very low power..thats normal.

I wasn't able to try the different tunes at the track.. I only was able to get 4 runs in and I was playing with DRs and launching.. ran a DA corrected of 12.9.. with brenspeed 93 tune.. but I'm sure I could have dropped a couple more tenths off if I could have
gotten my launch perfect. (actuall time was 13.5@101mph, DA was 4000ft)

As I'm sure other people can tell you.. If you are running the same mods and have the same car as someone else they send you the same exact tune.. if other people are working with their tune and you aren't something is wrong with the vehicle and not their tune.

Last edited by Mishri; 05-12-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
yes.. you should always let your car idle till the RPMS drop down.. thought that was common knowledge/practice. I see you tried Different MAFs, I'm not certain but you might have wanted to reload the tune because if the wrong maf was in and it's possible the ECU would change some parameters if it wasn't running properly and then you put the proper ECU it was expecting in and now it has to relearn.... and +1 on 1-3 RPM being very low power..thats normal.

I wasn't able to try the different tunes at the track.. I only was able to get 4 runs in and I was playing with DRs and launching.. ran a DA corrected of 12.9.. with brenspeed 93 tune.. but I'm sure I could have dropped a couple more tenths off if I could have
gotten my launch perfect. (actuall time was 13.5@101mph, DA was 4000ft)

As I'm sure other people can tell you.. If you are running the same mods and have the same car as someone else they send you the same exact tune.. if other people are working with their tune and you aren't something is wrong with the vehicle and not their tune.

Mishri, I have always just started my car up and drove it off cold with the stock tune. The Ford owner's manual tells us plainly that it does not need warming up. Never had ANY problems with with stock tune doing that. I swapped those MAF sensors and couldn't tell the difference. I might try reloading the tune. Brenspeed tech guy was 100% right about letting come back down to normal idle speed though. I tried it today and it worked, was much smoother and didn't backfire.

Hey, if you ran a 12.9, isn't that the time that a stock GT500 runs? Pretty good.

If I can run the stock tune and is smooth as silk, there is nothing wrong with the car. That is the way I'm looking at it. Today, I must say the car ran smooth today but still feels boggy/straining at certain accelerations between 1 and 2.5 on the tachometer.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

I have the same issue at low RPM Mustangmaster, the car clearly feels like it lost power down there. It flies at high RPM though, which is what is going to show at the drag strip, but on the street I spend a lot of time under 3k RPM. Let us know if they can fix this issue for you or if its the the inherent characteristic of the tune.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

sycd, I'm not going to call them any more. When I told them that the car feels/sounds boggy in the low range they just said all of the extra power was at 3 and above on the tach. So, this must be how it is. The first time I received the tune I had 93 gas in the car and didn't know I had to take off the Granatelli MAF extended harness. I loaded the tune and it was perfect. Instant throttle response, very quick and smooth overall. I changed the tune 87 and ever since it's not been as good. Plus removing the harness. What I'm saying is the tune was best/perfect the very first time it was loaded WITH THE EXTENDED HARNESS ON. I can't say the throttle response is any better than stock since I initially changed the tune. I sent the tune back once, got it back and it hasn't been any different. Still, it's not too bad, just not what I was expecting/hoping for. The tune is not what it was the first time it was loaded.

Last edited by Mustangmaster; 05-13-2009 at 08:01 AM.