Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner 2009 Mustang GT. No other mods...

Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Default Best tuner 2009 Mustang GT. No other mods...

The mod bug is about to catch me...

My 2009 GT Auto is about a week old and I was thinking about getting a tune.

What is the best tune for a 2009 Auto bone stock?

Voiding the warranty also is an issue, anyone had any bad luck with these?

The car seems to have so much more that needs to be unleashed!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Don't forget the cai as well!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

tuner is an excellent idea. Go with a xcal 3 from Bamachips.com he does the best for autos, brenspeed for stick. Go with a 93, 91 race and then a 87 perf for those long trips
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

get a cai with it. Otherwise kind of pointless
Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

CAI/Tune from bama or brenspeed. you will love it! well worth the money.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Originally Posted by abarker8541
get a cai with it. Otherwise kind of pointless
BBR got 20 RWHP and 30(?) Lbs Torque gain with JUST a tune.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I was in the same boat except I have an 08, from my research on this board this is what i gathered.

Both Bren and bama have great support, however brenspeed a tad better as the guy from Bama will go away sometimes and you will not hear from him for a week.

Bama makes the better tune for auto's for racing, Brenspeed makes the better tune for people that arent looking to race and use the car more of a everyday driver.

From what i understand, both are great tunes for auto's, Bama's are just a little more aggressive on the shifting points.

Now my personal experience, I went with Brenspeed, why because I am not going to race, i wanted my car to get better pickup, loose the lag and just respond better, and i can tell you the Brenspeed tune did everything I wanted. I also have a granatelli CAI and a CAI is a must with the tunes to truly benafit.

As to warrenty, i was afraid like you but eventually said screw it. Just do some searches on the board and you will see how to get around that.

Originally Posted by sonicmetalicS197
tuner is an excellent idea. Go with a xcal 3 from Bamachips.com he does the best for autos, brenspeed for stick. Go with a 93, 91 race and then a 87 perf for those long trips
Old 05-12-2009, 07:10 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Just wanted to clear something up, i almost make it look like Brenspeeds tune is not good for racing at all, I want to clarify that from what I heard Bama is more aggressive on shifting there for slightly better for racing.

Now this is jsut stuff i heard.

Originally Posted by siggy14
I was in the same boat except I have an 08, from my research on this board this is what i gathered.

Both Bren and bama have great support, however brenspeed a tad better as the guy from Bama will go away sometimes and you will not hear from him for a week.

Bama makes the better tune for auto's for racing, Brenspeed makes the better tune for people that arent looking to race and use the car more of a everyday driver.

From what i understand, both are great tunes for auto's, Bama's are just a little more aggressive on the shifting points.

Now my personal experience, I went with Brenspeed, why because I am not going to race, i wanted my car to get better pickup, loose the lag and just respond better, and i can tell you the Brenspeed tune did everything I wanted. I also have a granatelli CAI and a CAI is a must with the tunes to truly benafit.

As to warrenty, i was afraid like you but eventually said screw it. Just do some searches on the board and you will see how to get around that.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:42 PM
HEAVYBREATHER

Just finished my 2009 GT/CS installed C&L Racing CAI w/ Custom CAI 93 Tune, BBK Throttle Body, Poweraid TBS, BBK 25% Under Drive Pully, Ford Racing Shorty Headers, Magnaflow X Pipe w/ New Cats, 11/2 Inch LowerIng Springs, Eibach Dampers and Struts,
Front and Rear Sway Bars, Alpine Entertainment Center w/ Bluetooth, NAV, iPOD Hookup, Rear Back-Up Camera and Installed Passport Radar Detection System.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
HEAVYBREATHER

Forgot to add Gratenelli Mass Air Sensor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tuner 2009 Mustang GT. No other mods...