Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When it's hot, it's hot

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

+1 on cleaning the TB. Suggest that you also clean the MAF sensor.

If those don't help, then see if a gas pedal/TB calibration helps:
1- Turn the ignition to the ON position so the dashboard lights come on, and the chime sounds(do not start the engine).
2- After the chime stops, smoothly depress the gas pedal to the floor while counting 1001-1002-1003.
3- When the gas pedal is floored, smoothly release it using the same counting procedure in step 2.
4- When the gas pedal is full released, wait 6 sec., turn the ignition to the OFF position, wait 6 more sec., and repeat the process 2 more times.

If no good, then reinstall the stock air intake and stock tune. If the problem goes away, then the cause may be the tune. See if Brenspeed can fix it.
If no luck, then Bamachips sells auto tunes that not only disable the tranny's adaptive learning feature for improved throttle response, but they also adjust the torque converter's lock up point for even more responsiveness.

If the problem is still there with the stock air intake and stock tune, then do a voltage check on the TPS(throttle position sensor).
Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Could have something to do with your o2 sensors. Mine was doing this exact same thing a while back but it also wasn't running the greatest at times. Found out my o2 was going out.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

...you can set the throttle response anywhere from 100-300......yours might be too high...

Were can you do this in the diablo.. I have the same issue ! wierd .....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

I have this same problem but mostly after a cold start and going really slow speeds...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I also have an 07 with automatic. After I installed a CAI and had a dynotune it became very responsive from a dead stop. Some times it seemed to leap forward on takeoff. I just assumed it was because I was varying my foot pressure at different times. I don't see it as a problem, I'm used to it so I'm not sure this is what you are describing.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Stealth
2nd Gear Member

My car does the same thing. Be sure to post if cleaning the throttle body helps any.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stealth
My car does the same thing. Be sure to post if cleaning the throttle body helps any.
it should help some people. but my car has done it since day 1, and i have always kept a pretty clean throttle body.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Etropal

I switched from my Brenspeed 93 tune to the 91. I like how its more of a daily driver friendly tune. It still will give you the punch you need at wot. But if most of the time you're just cruising with smooth take offs, at least for me, I find it a better tune.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Ok soo were in tuner can you adjust the throttle repsonse..??
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Cleaning the MAF etc is always going to help your idle but I tend to agree with the others regarding tune. And drive by wire really sucks. I hate it personally. There is a trick you can do... the gas pedal has an electronic setup that determines zero throttle position. You can add a spacer under the pedal where it makes contact with the stopper. Adding a bit of space under that area redetermines zero throttle once the computer relearns and you have MUCH better throttle response. Let me see if i can dig up the how-to.

Quick Reply: When it's hot, it's hot